Bowflex BXE116 Elliptical Review
The machine’s robust 30-pound drive system is another big selling point. After all, the heavier the drive or resistance system, the smoother the elliptical motion. With 25 resistance settings, the trainer offers workout intensities for all skill levels. With this elliptical you can get very gentle low-impact cardio exercise or more challenging cross training by upping the resistance level and/or increasing the incline. Pedals on the BXE116 can incline up to 10% and have adjustable cushioning.
Designed with shared use in mind, Bowflex Results cross trainers can store up to four user profiles. Each machine is also shipped with a chest strap for use with the console’s heart rate receiver. Calorie burn data from this new brand is especially accurate, displaying calorie burn per minute (not just overall) for extra motivation. And with Bluetooth connectivity the BXE116 Elliptical lets you export data like calorie burn, heart rate and other stats to various fitness apps for long-term tracking.
Our Favorite Features
- Low-impact exercise with a smooth 30-pound drive.
- Strength and cardio training with 25 levels of resistance.
- 22-inch stride with up to 10 percent incline for targeted muscle toning.
- Handlebars supporting three grip positions for diverse upper-body exercise.
- Adjustable pedal cushioning for custom comfort.
- Preset workout variety with 11 apps.
- Advanced calorie tracking (Per-minute data).
- Wireless heart rate monitor (Chest strap included).
- Four user profiles to personalize training.
- Bluetooth connection for data logging.
- Media tray with USB charger for a mobile device.
- Water bottle holder within reach for convenient hydration.
- Space-conscious front drive machine size is practical for most homes.
- 2 year warranty on everything.
Bowflex BXE116 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Programs:||9 Workout Programs|
|Dimensions:||77" L x 31" W x 70" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Stride isn’t adjustable and could be too long for some trainees’ comfort.
The Bottom Line
The Bowflex Results E116 is an impressive addition to the under $1500 elliptical price bracket. From its cushioned pedals with incline to the multi-grip handlebars and data-rich console with Bluetooth, this fitness machine is ready to support great results and tell you all about it. A great elliptical for households with a variety of trainers of varying levels of fitness ability.