HealthRider H50E Elliptical Review
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the HealthRider H50E:
- A ton of built-in program apps for great variety
- Adjustable incline
- Adjustable stride
- iFit technology compatible
- Console comes with ICON’s RaceTrack, which allows you to visualize your progress in real time.
- Free shipping from most retailers
- Easy to use, and customizable for multiple users
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the HealthRider H50E:
- Unimpressive warranty. Enjoy a lifetime frame warranty, but live with only one year of parts and labor service.
- Inaccurate heart rate monitor
- Noisy operation – the incline will “whir” during rides
- Tough assembly – greasing and finagling may be necessary.
The Bottom Line
The HealthRider H50E is a quality machine for those who can’t afford to spend four digits but still want some fantastic features. With an adjustable stride and incline, your money will go even further as this is a machine that can be used by more than one family member without a lot of hassle. The included console is iFit compatible, and also comes with RaceTrack display, allowing you to visualize your process a quarter mile at a time. With its 275 lb weight limit, novices to elliptical fitness may use this machine efficiently, as well as long-time enthusiasts who want to work on maintenance or further their challenge threshold.
You will be hard pressed to find a greater variety of workout apps customized to your daily preferences for a machine in this price and feature bracket, and also will enjoy the added perks of online interaction to keep yourself on track. While the warranty isn’t the strongest out there, the lifetime frame is a nice upgrade after other HealthRider models that only offered a year or so. If you do choose to go with this unit, be sure to monitor your heart rate manually unless you are sure the included monitor is working accurately. At the end of the day, it is not the responsibility of technology to ensure a safe and healthy workout.