Horizon 7.0 AE Elliptical Review
The 7.0 AE Elliptical has a heavy frame and 23-pound flywheel, making it sturdy, smooth, and quiet, for most users. This comes in handy when you’re working through 20 levels of resistance training and 20 levels of incline, whether you’re a beginner or a more advanced fitness enthusiast. The stride length of 20” and the over-sized pedals (rubberized inside) make it comfortable for those between 5’3 – 6’5. It’s also equipped to accommodate users up to 325 pounds. Having this high weight capacity in conjunction with its resistance and incline levels are a testament to its sturdy construction. This is because it can handle both a heavier user, and the increase in force that someone would need to put on the machine as they move through increasingly harder level workouts.
One of the smarter moves by Horizon was the addition of available 0% financing on their treadmills and ellipticals. Available on terms of 6, 12, 18, or 24 months, financing your new equipment will make life a little easier as you kickstart your new fitness routine.
Bluetooth connectivity allows the use of various apps for Apple and Android. You can augment your workout with the free AFG Pro App (tablet or smartphone), Record by Under Armor and FitBit. Or, just enjoy a little escapist entertainment by watching Netflix on your device, which you can rest on the device holder while you train. The machine’s integrated speakers allow you to listen without headphones.
Gauging your heart rate is simple with the grip pulse located in front on handles.
The warranty is decent–lifetime on the frame and motor, three years on parts, and one year on labor.
Overall it’s an elliptical that can be used by almost everyone no matter your fitness level.
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Horizon 7.0 AE elliptical:
- 20 resistance levels: Enough to be challenging for even the most advanced fitness enthusiasts
- 20 incline levels: The wide range allows for increasing difficulty and sculpting of muscles
- 23-pound flywheel: Heavier for smoother, quieter workout
- 20-inch stride length: Works for variety of heights from 5’3 to 6’5
- Exercise Programs: 5k, Calorie, Distance, Fat Burn, Manual and Max Heart Rate
- On-board feedback: Speed, Distance, Time, Heart Rate, Calories, Incline
- Compatible with Android and Apple fitness apps: Free AFG Pro App, Record by Under Armor and FitBit
- Financing: Save the sticker shock with 0% financing for up to two years
- Maximum user weight: 325 pounds
- Warranty: Lifetime frame/motor, three years parts and one year for labor
Horizon 7.0 AE Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Stride Length:||20 inches|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||75" L x 24" W x 66" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the 7.0 AE elliptical machine:
- 7-inch display screen: The standard is about 10” now so this seems small
- Stride length: It will be a bit long and uncomfortable for shorter users under 5’3
The Bottom Line
Horizon 7.0 AE Elliptical will give you a solid cardio workout and sculpt your lower half thanks to the 20 levels of resistance and incline. Its compatibility with multiple fitness apps allows you to get the most out of your workout through monitoring your workouts in the moment and helping you track your progress as you go. The 23-pound flywheel and heavy frame make it a sturdy machine that will deliver a comfortable workout for years to come. It’s definitely a good purchase.