Life Fitness 95X Elliptical Cross-Trainer Review
Life Fitness X1 Elliptical Cross-Trainer
The machine is rear drive, a style that most easily lends itself to comfort and durability. It has a 20” footpath, which lets the majority of trainees take natural-feeling strides with very low impact. A 7” touchscreen is integrated with the console. It features a motivating mix of 24 preset workouts and fitness tests such as Foothills, Hill, Kilimanjaro, Extreme Heart Rate, and Navy PRT. Data can be saved to a USB drive for long-term tracking.
Additionally the Inspire touchscreen gives access to personal iPhone/iPod music and video menus and volume controls. Shoppers can upgrade the 95x Inspire with a 17” LCD TV. It supports a network of 1000 digital TV channels and can also play iPod video files.
The Certified Used 95x Inspire has a one-year standard residential warranty on parts and labor.
Our Favorite Features
- Durable commercial quality components; refurbished and new parts from the original manufacturer
- Spa-quality ergonomics with a rear drive, 20” stride and wide range of adjustable tension
- Great program variety with 24 preset workouts and fitness tests
- Touchscreen control center with seamless iPod/iPhone compatibility
- Charges mobile devices
- Compatible with a 17” HD TV
- Energy-conscious with the option to power the machine entirely with user-generated energy
Life Fitness 95X Elliptical Cross-Trainer - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Weight Capacity:||350 lbs|
|Dimensions:||88.1" L x 30.7" W x 65" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Fixed 20” stride may be too long for shorter adults, plus it provides less versatility than an elliptical with adjustable stride or incline
- One-year warranty on parts and labor is short compared with standard warranties for most high-end residential ellipticals
The Bottom Line
The Life Fitness 95x Inspire is a classic cross-trainer seen in leading health clubs. Sold “Certified Used” it has a discount price that makes it compete well against other ellipticals under $3K. Earning five stars for value it’s a great option for trainees who’d like a fixed 20” stride, which is the health club standard. An alternative with a shorter stride and less advanced console is the refurbished Life Fitness CLSX.