LifeSpan E2i Elliptical Cross Trainer Review
This model provides users with 20 grades of intensity and 20 distinct ramp levels, and the stride is fixed at 20 inches. Designed with CoreBalance Technology, a feature exclusive to LifeSpan Fitness, the pedals will actually provide support where it’s needed most by identifying where effort imbalances exist based on your personal stride. This feature is possible with the integrated pedal sensors that can detect the amount of force from each leg and display that individualized data directly to the console. This model also provides an optional Bluetooth receiver that works with the ActiveTrac(TM) app that will wirelessly connect the elliptical to any Android/Apple device to automatically sync your personal workout results with your LifeSpan Club account that comes with this model.
The console area comes with a 6″ blue backlit display and over 20 workout programs that include customizable and heart rate programs in addition to preset programs. To monitor heart rate, there are built-in contact heart rate sensors, and if you want to use a wireless chest strap receiver, this model is equipped but the actual receiver is not included. When it comes to audio options, this model provides a media holder, speakers and an audio jack. There’s also a dual-purpose USB port that charges your favorite device and can save your workout results to the USB drive to be uploaded to your free Club account.
The E2i comes with a residential warranty which covers 1 year on labor, 3 years on parts and lifetime coverage on the frame.
Our Favorite Features
- Price is under $1,500, fairly affordable
- Great program variety, with multiple customizable user profiles
- Moving and stationary handlebars to easily work the upper body or for added stability and safety
- Lifetime warranty on the frame
- Heavy flywheel at over 20 pounds
LifeSpan E2i Elliptical Cross Trainer - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 24" W x 69" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Non-adjustable stride, fixed at 20”
- Small display screen at just 6”
- Chest strap not included for hands-free, wireless heart rate monitoring
- Lacks built-in cooling fan to console area
- Lacks ergonomically-sound design with display screen/console area is lower than average
The Bottom Line
The E2i Elliptical Cross Trainer is an ideal entry-level elliptical trainer that provides users with lots of options and a supportive, heavy-duty drive system. This particular model can be a bit bulky, and there aren’t too many high tech features, but for under $1,500, we can recommend the E2i as a nice piece of equipment that would make a great piece of in-home workout equipment.