Matrix Elliptical Machine Reviews
Matrix Fitness is a leading international brand of high quality cardio trainers for use at home and in commercial settings. The Matrix home elliptical collection meets all skill levels with its range of fixed stride ellipticals and variable stride Ascent Trainers, which have pedal tilt up to 54%. Each machine is compatible with the Matrix XR, XER and XIR consoles, letting customers opt for simplicity or get lots of digital treats. Just a few examples of upgrades are a 10″ touch screen with web browser, immersive video for virtual hikes in scenic destinations, and the automated logging and sharing of workout stats. Matrix home ellipticals have higher up-front costs when compared with most competitors, but they’re designed to last longer and carry better warranties.
Matrix is owned by Taiwan-based Johnson Health Tech, a company that also builds cardio equipment for the brands AFG, Horizon Fitness and Vision Fitness. Customer service for North American customers is provided out of Madison, WI.
Matrix Elliptical Trainers and Ascent Trainers
The Matrix home elliptical collection features four machines that together meet all ability levels. Customers choose from two traditional ellipticals and two built for steep incline training, then add a standard, mid-level or fully decked-out console. All four elliptical machines have movable arm bars to support total body training.
Matrix elliptical sale prices start at $2,099 for a standard elliptical with magnetic resistance (the E30) plus the standard console. Sale prices reach $3,999 for an incline elliptical (the A50) with its more precise induction resistance plus a range of optional upgrades such as a touch screen, built-in interactive video for virtual outdoor treks, a web browser and speakers.
Price differences are minimal between models; the Matrix E30 and E50 are similarly priced, and the A30 and A50 are similarly priced. The higher model numbers deliver better value. For just $300 more they extend the parts warranty by two years, replace the magnetic resistance with superior induction braking, offer additional levels of challenge, add deluxe handlebars for better upper-body toning, and provide even better comfort with cushioned pedals.
- Frame: Matrix home ellipticals have heavy steel frames under lifetime warranty. Two of the frames are especially compact for convenient use at home.
- Ergonomics: High quality resistance systems and narrow pedal spacing help make Matrix home ellipticals an ideal fit for most adults of average and taller heights.
- Targeted Toning: Matrix Ascent Trainer ellipticals enable very targeted muscle toning via incline settings from 24% to 54%. The inclines create a variable stride of 20 to 24 inches.
- Workout Programs: A choice of consoles lets trainees access standard workout programs, Virtual Active videos that adjust their sights and sounds to training intensity, and Sprint8 eight-week high intensity interval training courses.
- Passport-Ready: All Matrix home consoles can connect to Passport Media Players. This lets Virtual Active videos be experienced on a big screen instead of a treadmill screen.
- Wireless Tracking: All Matrix home elliptical consoles can easily share data with MyFitnessPal, FitBit and other health management tools as well as with social media.
- Warranty: All Matrix home elliptical trainers carry competitive warranties including lifetime frame protection, five or seven years of parts protection, five years of electronics protection and two years of labor.
- Not for Petites: The stride paths on Matrix Ascent Trainers and fixed-stride trainers are at least 20″, which isn’t ideal for most people under 5’3″.
- Heavy: Two of these machines are super-compact, but weighing about 300 pounds each they aren’t easy to transport.
Matrix home ellipticals cater to customers who care about overall product quality, from mechanical performance to workout programming, entertainment options and consumer protections. These customizable fitness machines cost above average but are designed to serve well for many years.
All Matrix Ellipticals
|Matrix A50 Elliptical||5-Stars||See Best Price|
|Matrix E50 Elliptical||5-Stars||See Best Price|
|Matrix A30 Elliptical||4-Stars||See Best Price|
|Matrix E30 Elliptical||4-Stars||See Best Price|
Best Selling Matrix Models
Matrix E50 Elliptical
The Matrix E50 elliptical is a high quality low-impact trainer for home...
Matrix E30 Elliptical
The Matrix E30 is a high-end residential elliptical from a brand that...
Matrix A50 Elliptical
The A50 Ascent Trainer supports low-impact elliptical striding along extra-steep inclines. It’s...