NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 10 Elliptical Review
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Elliptical
Made to train almost anyone, this fitness machine has adjustable stride and a wide range of resistance. Stride settings are 18”, 20” and 22”, so each user can take natural strides and exercise with other settings to train muscles differently. Resistance comes from a 25-pound flywheel with 24 settings.
Workout guidance on NordicTrack ellipticals is extensive. The Commercial 10 provides 35 built-in workout programs, plus with WiFi access it can run iFit Coach. All programming is shown on the 10”-wide touchscreen. A subscription to the iFit Coach app can replace a gym or personal trainer, as it includes unlimited elliptical workout programs and hundreds of exercise videos to use away from your machine (for example, classes in yoga and kickboxing). The most engaging iFit Coach elliptical workouts are immersive and interactive; you move with synchronized scenic views and can virtually exercise alongside a celebrity personal trainer. iFit Coach makes it easy to find workouts that match your ability level and preferences, as you can sort the choices by intensity level. Also, you’ll get customized workout recommendations each time you use the elliptical. Fitness tracking, meal advice, sleep reminders and other features can be part of your iFit Coach experience too.
Other specs for the NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 10 include a chest strap for wireless heart rate monitoring, a cup holder, a workout fan, and a sound system with 2” speakers for your MP3 player. Transport wheels are attached for help repositioning the machine.
Our Favorite Features
- Center drive machine style makes it easy to keep balance and a healthy posture for exercise
- Smooth resistance from a 25-pound drive with 24 tension levels
- Adjustable stride with settings from 18 to 22 inches
- Adjustable pedal angle for good biomechanics
- 10” touchscreen with web browser
- 35 built-in workout routines
- Enabled for iFit Coach for adaptive personal training including unlimited elliptical workout programs with Google Maps Street View
- Wireless heart rate monitoring
- Compact machine size is practical for most homes
- User weight capacity of 350 pounds
- Excellent warranty including lifetime coverage for the frame, five years for parts and two years for labor
NordicTrack A.C.T. Commercial 10 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Programs:||35 Workout Apps|
|Fan:||Autobreeze Workout Fan|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||54" L x 31.5" W x 64.25" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Does not have pedal incline
- Handlebars are basic, not multi-grip to support different workout poses
- Lacks a storage tray for your workout towel, smartphone and other accessories
The Bottom Line
The A.C.T. Commercial 10 is a top elliptical deal in its price class. With adjustable stride and a high quality resistance system, it has excellent basics for comfortable and effective workouts. It’s also equipped with a 10” display for unlimited iFit Coach interactive workouts, on-board workouts and the web. Advanced elliptical trainees might prefer an elliptical with incline and/or multi-grip handlebars, as these features help you focus on specific muscle groups… but generally speaking, the Commercial 10 elliptical is a great match for the typical individual or household.