NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Elliptical Review
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS10i Elliptical
The FS7i allows you to add up to 10% of incline for extra calorie burn and muscle toning. What’s more, its variety of stride lengths and slopes allow it to excel as a stepper, standard elliptical, and even a treadmill alternative, since you can make adjustments to take longer steps. It’s like purchasing three exercise machines in one.
Better than a treadmill in some respects, the FS7i allows for low-impact exercise at any intensity. As a resistance trainer, the machine offers two dozen choices for intensity in the form of 24 digital resistance levels. Throw in moving handlebars, and you get a machine that will exercise more areas of your body than any treadmill could ever dream.
Other high-end features include wireless telemetry, an iFit Bluetooth Smart chest strap, and a free 1-year membership to iFit. Creature comforts include an iPhone-compatible audio port with built-in stereo speakers, a tablet holder, a bottle holder, and a cooling workout fan. The FS7i also includes a 10-year frame, 2-year parts and 1-year labor warranty.
Our Favorite Features
- 32-inch adjustable stride combined with power incline to support many workout styles.
- 7” Smart HD touchscreen offering an attractive workout display for viewing iFit workouts on.
- iFit-enabled console for you to access hundreds of pro-designed workouts, virtual exercises with on-screen personal trainers, and unlimited Google Maps workout routes with interactive scenery (including a free 1-year membership to the service).
- 35 built-in workout apps.
- Wireless heart rate monitor with Bluetooth chest strap included to accurately keep track of your ticker.
- Center-drive design that supports your balance while keeping the machine size small.
- Oversized levelers and pedals provide greater support/comfort.
- Multi-power fan and transport wheels improve comfort and convenience.
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||0 - 10% Power-Adjustable|
|Stride Length:||32" (Auto-Adjustable)|
|Programs:||35 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||375 LB|
|Dimensions:||58.5" L x 29.5" W x 74" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- The 20-pound flywheel is fairly light for this price point.
- The 7″ touchscreen is too small for some people to see/operate well.
The Bottom Line
The FS7i is a strong option in its price class for anyone seeking a machine that offers a variety of lower body workout styles. It’s a good machine for low-impact cardio exercise with light to moderate strength training, as well as for anyone that would benefit from interactive training for maintaining motivation. The FS7i probably isn’t a machine for those who don’t appreciate tech, or those who primarily want to focus on upper body training.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a FreeStride elliptical?
A FreeStride elliptical is a unique piece of equipment that gives you the feeling you’re floating on air. It incorporates the best features of the treadmill, elliptical, and stair climber all in one machine.
How heavy is the NordicTrack FS7i?
How much space do you need for a NordicTrack FS7i?
The NordicTrack FS7i has a footprint of 58.5″ L x 29.5″ W x 74″ H. Make sure you allow an extra 12 inches of overhead clearance.
Does the NordicTrack Freestride Trainer FS7i have any onboard programs that doesn't require an iFit subscription?
Yes, the NordicTrack Freestride Trainer FS7i features 35 onboard programs.