NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Elliptical Review
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Elliptical Detailed Overview
On the FS7i you can add up to 10 percent incline for extra calorie burn and muscle toning. The variety of stride lengths and slopes allows this machine to excel both as a stepper and as a standard elliptical. Oh and since you can also make adjustments to take longer steps, the FS7i can function as a treadmill alternative. That’s like purchasing three exercise machine in one.
Better than a treadmill in some respects, the FS7i allows low impact exercise at any intensity. As a resistance trainer, the machine offers two dozen choices for intensity. Throw in moving handlebars, and you get a machine that will exercise more areas of your body than any treadmill could ever dream of.
Other features include a wireless heart rate monitor, an iPhone-compatible audio port with built-in stereo speakers, a tablet holder, a bottle holder, and an AutoBreeze workout fan. Any FS7i purchase includes a lifetime warranty on the motor and frame, as well five years on parts and two years on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- 38 inch adjustable stride combined with power incline that allows the machine to support many workout styles.
- 7” color touchscreen offing an attractive workout display with a built in web browser.
- iFit Coach enabled to access hundreds of pro-designed workouts, virtual exercise with on-screen personal trainers, and unlimited Google Maps workout routes with interactive scenery.
- Wireless heart rate monitor with Bluetooth chest strap to keep track of your ticker.
- Pedals move through belts instead of gliding along rails, allowing ultra-smooth motion.
- Center drive design that supports your balance while keeping the machine size smal.l
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||0 - 10% Power-Adjustable|
|Stride Length:||38 inches|
|Programs:||35 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||375 LB|
|Dimensions:||68.4" L x 28.5" W x 62" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- The standard handgrips don’t allow variance in upper-body exercise.
- The maximum resistance of 20 pounds is fairly light for this price point.
The Bottom Line
The FS7i is a strong option in it’s price class for anyone seeking a machine that offers a variety of lower body workout styles. A good machine for low-impact cardio exercise with light to moderate strength training. Also ideal for anyone planning to take advantage of the digital training options available. Not for luddites or anyone who focuses on upper body training.