NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Elliptical Review
The FS7i allows you to add up to 10% of incline for extra calorie burn and muscle toning. What’s more, its variety of stride lengths and slopes allow it to excel as both a stepper, standard elliptical, and even a treadmill alternative (since you can make adjustments to take longer steps). It’s like purchasing three exercise machines in one.
Better than a treadmill in some respects, the FS7i allows for low impact exercise at any intensity. As a resistance trainer, the machine offers two dozen choices for intensity in the form of 24 digital resistance levels. Throw in moving handlebars, and you get a machine that will exercise more areas of your body than any treadmill could ever dream of.
Other high-end features include wireless telemetry (and an iFit Bluetooth Smart chest strap included to take advantage of this) and a free 1-year membership to iFit. Creature comforts include an iPhone-compatible audio port with built-in stereo speakers, a tablet holder, a bottle holder, and a cooling workout fan. The FS7i also includes a 10-year frame, 2-year parts and 1-year labor warranty.
Our Favorite Features
- 32 inch adjustable stride combined with power incline to support many workout styles.
- 7” Smart HD touchscreen offering an attractive workout display for viewing iFit workouts on.
- iFit-enabled console for you to access hundreds of pro-designed workouts, virtual exercises with on-screen personal trainers, and unlimited Google Maps workout routes with interactive scenery (including a free 1-year membership to the service).
- 35 built-in workout apps.
- Wireless heart rate monitor with Bluetooth chest strap included to accurately keep track of your ticker.
- Center drive design that supports your balance while keeping the machine size small.
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS7i Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||0 - 10% Power-Adjustable|
|Stride Length:||32" (Auto-Adjustable)|
|Programs:||35 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||375 LB|
|Dimensions:||58.5" L x 29.5" W x 74" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- The 20-pound flywheel is fairly light for this price point.
The Bottom Line
The FS7i is a strong option in its price class for anyone seeking a machine that offers a variety of lower body workout styles. It’s a good machine for low-impact cardio exercise with light to moderate strength training, as well as for anyone that would benefit from interactive training for maintaining motivation. The FS7i probably isn’t a machine for those who don’t appreciate tech, or those who primarily want to focus on upper body training.