NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i Elliptical Review
The SpaceSaver SE7i is the entry-level model in NordicTrack’s rear drive series for 2020, followed only by the SpaceSaver SE9i. Both models have foldable frames and transport wheels for easy storage and repositioning after workouts, as well as 18″ footpaths and 18-pound flywheels. Although both machines are iFit enabled, the SE7i is lower priced primarily because it’s a “bring your own touchscreen” elliptical trainer. It only has a standard 5″ LCD display whereas the SE9i has a 7″ Smart HD touchscreen. With the SE7i, you can dock your own tablet or smartphone on the integrated tablet holder and immerse yourself in iFit workouts from there. Not as convenient? Sure, but the machine is just as functional.
Like to monitor your workout stats? If so, another important difference between the two SpaceSaver models to take note of is their heart rate monitoring capability. The SE7i has contact grips while the SE9i has contact grips and wireless telemetry (with an iFit Bluetooth chest strap included with purchase).
Other key specs for the SE7i are a maximum 10% power-adjustable incline, 24 built-in workout apps, a workout fan, a water bottle holder and a two-year parts warranty.
Our Favorite Features
- Easy assembly in about 15 minutes
- Space-saving design with a foldable frame
- Rear drive design is easy on the back
- 24 preset workouts for pro training
- iFit-enabled for interactive training
- Power-adjustable incline up to 10%
- Cushioned, oversized and adjustable pedals for good ergonomics
- Workout fan and water bottle holder to keep you comfortable
NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||Yes|
|Incline:||10% power-adjustable incline|
|Stride Length:||18 inches|
|Programs:||24 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 32" W x 67" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Does not have a wireless pulse receiver
- Smaller, LCD screen as opposed to the SE9i’s 7” HD touchscreen
- 18 lb. flywheel produces less smooth rides compared to heavier drives
- 18” stride is too short for some trainees
The Bottom Line
The NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i is best for shoppers seeking a compact elliptical trainer that’s more durable and offers more features than many of the other portable alternatives on the market. Although this trainer isn’t meant for heavy traffic, it does offer great value. Even though the SE7i earns a lower score than other NordicTrack ellipticals, it’s still a strong machine depending on your workout needs and budget.