Octane XR4 Elliptical Review
Octane XR4 Elliptical Rating
Octane XR4 Elliptical Detailed Overview
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Octane XR4:
- Advanced ergonomics with oversized foot pedals.
- Smooth motion and a quiet ride.
- Seat is adjustable with many height and angle combinations to choose from.
- This machine has a 300-lb user capacity, which is generous for a recumbent elliptical.
- The XR has 6 different programs and 20 resistance levels – it also comes with four heart rate control programs.
- A wireless heart rate monitor may be added on to this machine.
- Great for users with back pain or weak ankles
- Adjustable enough for users of all sizes
Octane XR4 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Programs:||6 workout programs|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||53" L x 35" W x 51" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the XR4:
- With two different console options, it can be difficult to choose which features you actually need versus what looks impressive.
- The warranty is decent with three years on parts and one year on labor, but should probably be more generous considering the standard asking price.
- While the 6 program count is an improvement upon other older octane models that only hold up to 5, it is still quite inferior to standing elliptical machines by Octane, which usually tout around 20.
The Bottom Line
The Octane XR4 is a desirable machine thanks to its unique focus on upper body fitness and its ability to adjust by height and angle. With impressive ergonomics and challenging resistance levels, this is a top pick for those who want a real workout without injury or undue stress.