Octane XR6 Elliptical Rating
The Octane XR6 is representative of a very exclusive line of ellipticals that allow you to workout from a seated position. With its PowerStroke technology, these “X ride” machines tend to burn up to 23% more calories and initiate up to 300% more glute activity. When you’re ready to tone up and challenge your body from a new perspective, a recumbent elliptical may be just the ticket.
There aren’t a lot of program options on the base machine. In fact, the lowest model has only 6. This is disappointing considering many of their standing elliptical units have an excess of at least 20 programs and their higher-end model has up to 43. The warranty is also quite disappointing – it would seem that price range would determine the quality of the warranty, but that unfortunately just isn’t the case with Octane models.
Recumbent elliptical machines are still quite unique to the fitness world, and so far they’ve proven to really make a difference when it comes to endurance and toning. You will experience an above-average intensity when working out on the Octane XR6, and you can also depend upon it to be sturdy and able to stand the test of use and time. With a long stride, taller family members can use the XR6 just as easily as more petite individuals.
See Best Price
See Best Price
Octane XR6 Elliptical Detailed Overview
The Octane XR6 comes with some fun ergonomic features not found on other brands. Start with pivoting footplates, which promote a healthy range of motion that won’t stress out and injure your ankles. Then, enjoy a pulse monitor that gets its readings from hand grips, so you don’t have to wear any cords or sensors as you focus on getting fit. You’ll also enjoy some fun accessories like a reading rack and bottle holder for those who wish to get in shape while passing the time more quickly.
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Octane XR6:
- PowerStroke technology gives xRiders the ultimate in leg extension and power drive. This brings stronger muscle engagement and faster results.
- From 6 – 43 workout programs depending on the model
- Additional accessories are available, like a TV mount and wireless heart rate strap.
- Generously sized LED display
- 20 different seat height positions and 5 tilt settings for a custom use for every family member.
- Heart rate grip handlebars
- Pivoting footplates
- Increased handlebar resistance compared to other elliptical machines
- 300-lb user capacity
- Reading rack & water bottle holder
- Great option for people who experience back pain
Octane XR6 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Programs:||5 workout programs|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||71" L x 35" W x 60" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the Octane XR6:
- This machine is heavy – it weighs in at 245 lbs.
- You have to purchase additional accessories to get all of the advertised features.
The Bottom Line
The Octane XR6 is an incredibly convenient machine for those who desire an invigorating workout but suffer from back or ankle pain. With pivoting foot plates and a long stride length of 20.5”, both tall and petite users will succeed with the XR6 and enjoy the noticeable results that come from the lower-impact experience of a seated elliptical. If you’re in the market for a high-quality machine with a unique twist, the Octane XR6 is an ideal option.