ProForm 990 CSE Elliptical Rating
This Machine is Discontinued
This trainer offers smart technology features such as iFit and iPod compatibility, and a new console that is attractive and easy to read with customizable workout programs. Like other Pro-Form models, there is a durable commercial gauge steel constructed frame making it very sturdy and comfortable to use.
Even though there are in-handle controls for easy access to incline control, some complain that the controls do not always work properly when pushed. The warranty is limited and shorter than other similar trainers with only a 1 year warranty on parts and labor. This models also lacks a few customizable options.
This model takes it up a notch with a new Grafixx ™LCD display and iFit enabled technology. Even though the footprint is larger than other models in this series, and weight capacity higher at 325 pounds, this trainer still easily folds up in one step and can be easily stored away as a space saver.
See Best Price
See Best Price
ProForm 990 CSE Elliptical Detailed Overview (Discontinued)
The ProForm 990 CSE trainer comes with something new that other ProForm elliptical trainers in this series lack: a Grafixx ™ LCD display. This incredibly clear display allows the user to transition from a single display screen of specific information to multiple fields of information so that you can monitor work out statistics and goals. The screen is also backlit for easy use in dimmer rooms. Beyond the advanced features on the console, this trainer also comes with customizable options that include an 18 to 20 inch adjustable stride, 16 digital resistance incline levels and 20 work out apps that include 10 toning and 10 performance programs, designed by a certified personal trainer. As far as comfort and safety go, the footprint on this trainer is larger than many others on the market at 81.5” long x 27” wide x 66” tall. The traction control layering and cushioned comfort grip also help to maintain stability on higher inclines. This trainer also offers users the basics such as a Coolaire built in fan with two speeds, an EKG dual grip heart rate monitor, and Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound system speakers.
Our Favorite Features
- Incredibly clear and easy to read Grafixx ™ LCD display
- Spacesaver ™ design makes this trainer easy to fold and store; transport wheels make it easy to move
- 20 work out programs that include both toning and performance programs
- Ability to adjust the stride between the range 18 and 20 inches, making for a longer and smoother stride
- In-handle controls make changing incline easy without interrupting your work out
- Oversized pedals are cushioned and come with traction control padding for better stability and comfort
- Incline controls use Silent Magnetic technology for an almost noiseless work out
Our Least Favorite Features
- Limited 1 year warranty offered on parts and labor
- LCD screen size is not listed, just described as “oversized”
- Flywheel weight is not listed, so unsure of power
- There is no way to adjust the actual foot pedal, making it sometimes harder for very short or tall people
- Ramp is not power adjustable as with similar models at this price point
The Bottom Line
The ProForm 990 CSE, part of the ProForm rear drives series, is an advanced trainer with smart technology and customizable features, making it a durable and reliable option. The ProForm CSE is a little over mid-range price at $899 but it offers advanced features and smart technology that other trainers lack. ProForm has designed a light trainer that is durable and mimics the natural feel of walking or running without the high impact on the joints.