ProForm Hybrid Trainer Pro Review
Best Buy Award Winner:
ProForm Hybrid Trainer Pro Rating
ProForm Hybrid Trainer Pro Detailed Overview
Both units feature an EKG Grip Pulse, monitoring your heart health as you work. This is important both to ensure you’re being challenged and also staying within a safe and healthy zone as you exercise. Both units also have a 350 lb weight capacity, making it easy to start exercising regularly no matter what your size and stature. Finally, both carry a 5-year warranty on the frame, and 90-days on parts and labor.
The Hybrid Trainer Pro ramps it up a bit with a larger LCD window that features a Priority Display for your favorite workout stats. It’s also the exact same size as the original trainer, so you don’t have to worry about making room for any additional bulk or inconvenience in your home. Brand new features include an integrated tablet holder, iFit compatibility, and 20 resistance levels.
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the ProForm Hybrid Trainer Pro:
- Great program variety with 20 workout apps
- Longer, 17 inch stride
- 2-in-1 design; transforms from an elliptical trainer to a recumbent bike in 3 easy steps
- Extra-wide, integrated tablet holder keeps devices safely in place and right at eye level for easy access while working out
- iFit Bluetooth smart enabled console puts you in control of your workout with an unlimited workout library and workouts specifically designed by popular TV trainers Chris and Heidi Powell
- iPod compatible audio and included speakers
- Watts Power Meter alerts the user of pacing to meet and maintain weight loss goals
- Large LCD display and priority display
- Easy controls and simple “fitness speak”
- EKG Grip Pulse to track heart rate and personalize workout results
- Same footprint as original Hybrid Trainer
- Large weight capacity of 350 lb
- 20 resistance levels that are digitally adjustable
- Transport wheels for easy mobility
- Moveable arms for a true full-body workout
- Lifetime warranty on the frame
- Adjustable, deluxe cushioned pedals oversized for comfort and protection
ProForm Hybrid Trainer Pro - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Stride Length:||15 inches|
|Programs:||20 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||63" L x 26" W x 76" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
A downside to the Hybrid Trainer Pro:
- Portions of the warranty are unimpressive – 90 days on parts & labor.
- iFit Subscription required (not included)
- 15 pound flywheel isn’t terrible, but it’s not very impressive either
The Bottom Line
Pro-Form is a trusted brand backed by its mother company, Icon Fitness, one of the largest workout equipment conglomerates in the world. With a 17-inch elliptical stride, you will enjoy long and full movements that will maximize your fitness potential. The flywheel is also designed to give you a smooth, steady ride that will be as comfortable as it is results-yielding. With a silent magnetic resistance system, you can adjust the intensity of your session without ever having to pause, and thanks to the included target pacer you’ll always know where you’re at.
Utilize the upper-body focused workout arms that are moveable to tone and strengthen your core, shoulders, arms, neck and more. Of course, with the increased amount of resistance levels and workout programs to choose from, the Hybrid Trainer Pro supersedes the original trainer in content, challenge and endurance.