ProForm Smart Strider 895 CSE Review
To help you start exercising efficiently right away the 895 CSE is loaded with 24 personal training workouts that emphasize weight loss/maintenance and performance. These programs control the pedals’ resistance (24 levels) and incline (zero to 10 percent). A full-color touch screen shows heart rate along with other standard data. You can wear a wireless chest strap (included) or measure your pulse by gripping sensors on the handlebars.
The touch screen is this Smart Strider’s most attention-getting feature. It’s 7-inches wide and can provide high-def views of iFit programming (iFit membership required) and also has an Android browser, so all on one screen you can see your stats and surf the web. Additionally the 895 CSE has iPod-compatible speakers and an integrated shelf for easy view of your own tablet computer. Other small touches help promote comfort for successful training: a personal cooling fan, a drink holder, cushioned pedals and cushioned handgrips for the moving arm bars.
Warranty coverage for the new ProForm 895 CSE includes lifetime protection for the frame, three years for parts and a year for labor.
ProForm Smart Strider 895 CSE - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||Yes|
|Weight Capacity:||325 lbs|
|Dimensions:||65" L x 32" W x 80" H|
Our Favorite Features
- Low-impact training for the whole body so you can keep fit with minimal risk of discomfort or exercise-related strain
- 7" touch screen control panel with web browser
- Folding frame with transport wheels for easy storage
- Rear drive design promotes your balance and a natural walking gait
- 18" stride is ideal for smaller trainees and, for taller trainees, puts more emphasis on toning the thighs
- 10 percent max power incline to help target-tone different muscle groups
- 24 resistance levels for a tailored challenge
- 24 preset workout programs designed by a certified personal trainer
- Enabled with iFit Coach for simulated outdoor training with Google Maps and Google Street View, unlimited workout downloads, automated data logging, and personalized fitness recommendations that adapt to your activity (membership required)
- Wireless and contact pulse monitors to help you train within your target heart rate zone
- Tablet computer holder and iPod-compatible sound system
- Water bottle holder and workout fan
- Commercial-gauge steel frame with 325-pound user weight capacity
- Warranty package with three years on parts, one year of labor and lifetime protection for the frame
Our Least Favorite Features
- Full price isn't competitive considering the relatively light drive. Only worth it when on sale.
- Foldable but has a large footprint; rear drive ellipticals have great advantages but they need more space compared with front drive and center drive alternatives
The Bottom Line
The Smart Strider 895 CSE elliptical is a noticeable upgrade over the 695 CSE, being equipped with wireless pulse monitoring and a 7″ touch screen with web browser. It can be a satisfying match for people seeking not-so-powerful force, a slightly shorter than average stride, and a bit of incline for extra muscle sculpting. This trainer offers the convenience of a foldable frame and seamless access to iFit, plus it has a useful suite of features to help make workout time “your time.”
We wouldn’t necessarily pay full price for this elliptical, but if you like the 895, do check the ProForm site for discounts. You might also see a discount on a similar Smart Strider model.