Schwinn 470 Elliptical Review
Schwinn 470 Elliptical Detailed Overview
The workout selection includes free and paid programs. Built into the Schwinn 470 console are no less than 29 exercise programs (!). These programs automate the resistance and incline to help you train more efficiently. Most exciting are optional RunSocial workouts for exercising in virtual reality. The RunSocial mobile app (Android and iOS) lets you watch your avatar move along real-life trails captured in high definition video. RunSocial also shows avatars of other exercisers along your route, including their usernames and hometowns. Coordinate with friends for virtual vacations on trail lengths that range from 5K to a marathon.
Unfortunately there isn’t much of a warranty package with this machine, suggesting that it isn’t very durable and will break down often enough to make up for any savings that come with the sale price.
Our Favorite Features
- Four user profiles
- Moving handlebars for total-body toning
- 20-inch elliptical stride
- Power incline to 10 percent
- 20-pound flywheel
- 25 resistance levels
- Smooth magnetic braking
- 29 customizable workout programs, including 9 with heart rate control
- RunSocial compatible
- Compatible with wireless heart rate chest straps
- Bluetooth for sharing workout data with fitness tracking apps
Our Least Favorite Features
- Short warranty on labor (90 days)
- Maintenance sometimes required within six months
- For heavyweight users, pedaling isn’t particularly smooth
The Bottom Line
The Schwinn 470 Elliptical has plenty of impressive selling points. Special features include power incline, wireless heart rate monitoring, Bluetooth for data export, RunSocial compatibility, and more. When the machine works as intended, it feels like an elliptical in the next price bracket. However, the 470 isn’t especially durable. If you choose this model, you might be shopping for a replacement elliptical within a year.