Smooth Elliptical Machine Reviews
Smooth Fitness was founded in 1984 and is currently one of the largest online retailers of home fitness equipment. Beyond its great reputation in the fitness world, it’s one of the top e-commerce businesses in the U.S., meaning plenty of people are selecting their elliptical machines for their home gyms.
All of Smooth’s gym equipment is sold directly from the manufacturer, which cuts out the middle man and keeps prices relatively low. They have factories on both the East and West Coasts for efficient delivery.
Smooth Fitness carries a wide variety of elliptical trainers including:
Front Drive Residential:
Front drive designed elliptical trainers have the flywheel to the front of the machine, with the user just behind. This design is more compact and durable than the rear drive trainers. Smooth Fitness has come out with three new models as part of their new 2015 residential series: the RE 11.35 entry level model, the RE 11.55 mid-range model, and the elite RE 13.95 model. All of these elliptical trainers are designed with an attractive full-color display and generous console offerings that make working out easy and fun. Heavy flywheels and multiple adjustable features make this line of treadmills one of their most popular yet.
Front Drive Light Commercial:
Also front drive design, the RE 13.75 model is their light commercial trainer this year. For $2,999, this model isn’t too pricey but it’s not too flashy either. Some interesting points to this model would be the rear access design and hybrid generator resistance system that makes the trainer easy to move around and use wherever needed.This model offers basic durability and convenience options for gym owners that make the 13.75 a quality piece of equipment.
- Frame: Durable commercial grade steel frame and parts make these trainers sturdy, safe and reliable.
- Incline/Decline Options: Not all elliptical trainers offer incline and decline options, but the 11.55 and 13.95 do, offering a decline of 0 to -3% and an incline of up to 20%.
- Intensity Controls: Power adjustable strides of 20 to 22 inches, and digital resistance levels ranging from 20 to 24 levels make these high-performance trainers versatile and challenging.
- Console: An attractive full-color touch screen display greets users as they hop on one of these new 2015 models. The consoles are also fully loaded with all of the basic necessities, from a built-in cooling fan to an audio center with built-in speakers.
- Customizable Features: Many customizable features on every model including stride length.
- Durability: Smooth has been around since the 1980s, standing strong on a reputation of durability and endurance through the years. All of these trainers are also designed with Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) for incredibly quiet and smooth operation.
- Price: These are well-built elliptical trainers with advanced consoles and performance features, yet they are still very well-priced with the entry level 11.35 model offered for only $799.
- Warranty: Warranties are pretty standard, nothing too impressive, and on the light commercial grade trainer, the warranty barely covers the frame for only 7 years (lifetime warranties on frames are typical with trainers at this price point).
- Workout Programs: Despite the attractive display screens, most of these trainers offer users only about 9 built-in workout programs, with the exception of the entry level 11.35, which offers a generous 30 workout apps.
Smooth Fitness has long been a leader in elliptical trainers, meaning they are a brand you can truly trust to keep you in shape safely and effectively. With adjustable workout levels and durable parts construction, this is an addition to your home gym that will truly stand the test of time. And with the new advanced entertainment offerings, you get the whole package from performance to entertainment. Keep in shape with an honest, reliable company that has decades of proven results.
All Smooth Ellipticals
|Smooth RE 13.95 Elliptical||5-Stars||See Best Price|
|Smooth RE 11.35 Elliptical||4-Stars||See Best Price|
|Smooth RE 11.55 Elliptical||4-Stars||See Best Price|
|Smooth RE 13.75 Elliptical||3-Stars||See Best Price|
Best Selling Smooth Models
Smooth RE 13.95 Elliptical
Editors Note: “Smooth’s RE 13.95 elliptical trainer is their elite model in...
Smooth RE 11.55 Elliptical
Smooth Fitness’s RE 11.55 elliptical trainer is the mid-range model in Smooth’s...
Smooth RE 11.35 Elliptical
Editors note: “Smooth’s new entry level model in their line of front drive...