Smooth CE 3.6 Elliptical Review (Discontinued)
Best Buy Award Winner:Best Rear Drive Ellipticals
Smooth CE 3.6 Elliptical Rating
This Machine is Discontinued
Smooth CE 3.6 Elliptical Detailed Overview (Discontinued)
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Smooth CE 3.6:
- Rotating foot pedals prevent numbness and muscle strain
- A heart rate monitor is included to help you see physical impact
- A built-in workout fan keeps you cool and comfortable during intense sessions.
- Lifetime warranty on the frame and brakes, as well as a five-year parts and two-year labor.
- Maximum user capacity of 300 lbs, generous for a machine that weighs less than 200 itself.
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the CE 3.6:
- A lot of today’s elliptical machines come with a full color screen console – this one does not.
- 10 preset workout programs – this is lacking compared to many that offer upwards of 22.
- Not ideal for tall users over 5’10”.
- Customer service has been reported as inconsistent and long in response time.
The Bottom Line
The CE 3.6 is a strong, reliable machine that will serve a home fitness user well. Durable enough to endure daily workouts from multiple users, this is not necessarily the best pick for tall members of the family. Due to its 18” stride limit, those under 5’10” will fare best on this elliptical. With ten built-in programs, the CE 3.6 certainly isn’t leading the way with variety, but the programs that are included are impactful, easy to use and cater to a wide variety of fitness goals. Poor customer service may be the one thing to truly plague the sale of a CE 3.6, as the machine itself is simple, straightforward and reliable.