Smooth CE 5.5 Elliptical Review (Discontinued)
Best Buy Award Winner:Rear Drive
Smooth CE 5.5 Elliptical Rating
Smooth CE 5.5 Elliptical Detailed Overview (Discontinued)
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Smooth CE 5.5:
- Adjustable stride length of 18-21” so it’s adaptable for multiple famil members.
- Huge range of intensity levels and workout programs
- Lifetime warranty on frame and braking, as well as a generous warranty for parts, electronics and labor.
- Smooth rear drive technology
- Very quiet when in motion – perfect for those early morning or late night workouts at home.
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the CE 5.5:
- Smooth doesn’t have a very impressive console display.
- More expensive than some of the competitor’s elliptical machines that perform the same – like the Sole E35, for example.
The Bottom Line
The Smooth CE 5.5 is a high-quality, durable elliptical trainer with the rear drive set up that’s familiar to many gym users. To bring home a similar machine is ideal when trying to maintain a committed workout schedule. With 24 intensity levels paired with its 26 built-in workout programs, the CE 5.5 is more diverse than many prior Smooth machines. Purchasing directly from the manufacturer also includes free home delivery to the room of your choice. Not bad for a machine that costs less than $1600 and comes with a lifetime guarantee on frame and brake system.