Star Trac E-CTe Elliptical Review
Star Trac E-CTe Elliptical Rating
Star Trac E-CTe Elliptical Detailed Overview
With a stable platform and a minimal step up height compared to other elliptical brands, you can easily mount this machine from any angle, while ensuring you stay ergonomically sound and reduce stress and strain on any joints. This is especially important for those with limited mobility and prior muscle injuries. The cushioning system built into the pedals of the Star Trac E-CTe truly absorbs the most shock out of other cross trainers on the market today, bringing both comfort and protection to the ankles, knees and more.
You will experience an exceptional ride with a one-of-a-kind rear open-step up design that allows you to mount the cross trainer safely. You can also count on some serious bio-mechanical research within your pedals and the entire frame of the machine, noticing the difference right away as you enjoy a smooth, comfortable ride without a lot of strain or soreness.
Though the fixed stride may limit usage for those who are of small or large stature, the 18” stride length is standard, along with the 2.25” pedal spacing. In a nutshell, this machine is commercial-grade in every way except for the fact you can take it home with you.
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Star Trac E-CTe elliptical machine:
- 15-inch HD personal viewing screen
- USB port
- iPod compatibility to watch TV, listen to music, etc.
- Low seven-inch entry height
- Cushioned, triple cell pedals
- Adjustable cooling fans
- 16 workout programs including Quick Start and Heart Rate Control
- 20 different levels of resistance
- Polar wireless chest strap or stationary handlebar sensors
- Personal content storage for multiple users
- 350 lb weight capacity
- Easy-to-use touchscreen
- Storage tray, cupholder
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the Star Trac E-CTe elliptical:
- Fixed stride length of 18” may make it difficult for petite or tall users
- Stationary handlebars limits upper body development
- The warranty is only 1 year labor, 2 years parts, 5 year motor. Where is the lifetime frame warranty standard with these machines?
The Bottom Line
The Star Trac E-CTe is an improvement upon prior models with 16 total workout programs and 20 different levels of resistance. Add in a 15-inch full-color touch screen console with media connectivity and a USB charging station, and you can multitask while also getting your workout in. If you can afford the price tag, the Star Trac E-CTe is undoubtedly one of the best machines available in the cross trainer industry today.