Weslo Momentum G 3.8 Elliptical Review
ProForm 520 E Elliptical
Weslo Momentum G 3.8 Elliptical Detailed Overview
Coming in at just 89 pounds, this elliptical trainer is incredibly lightweight. It’s also very compact with dimensions of 44”x21”x54.5”. In addition to the compact design, the model is also equipped with transport wheels to easily store and move the machine as needed.
The G 3.8 offers the basics with a 12” fixed stride, manually adjustable resistance levels, and upper-body handlebars. If users want to monitor their heart rate, they can do so using the built-in contact grip Easy Pulse(TM) sensors, and heart rate, along with other basic readouts like time, calories, etc. are accessible via the LCD window display. Users also have an RPM meter which displays revolutions per minute. The console area is designed with a water bottle holder but lacks a reading rack, accessories tray, or audio features.
Weslo does not disclose the flywheel weight, but we assume it’s fairly lightweight, well under the average of around 15 pounds, based on the 250 pound user capacity.
Our Favorite Features
- Affordable at just under $200
- Easy Pulse(TM) built-in contact grip heart rate sensor
- RPM meter display tracks revolutions per minute
- Compact and features transport wheels
Our Least Favorite Features
- Flywheel weight is “undisclosed”
- Short 12” stride (average should be between 18” and 22”)
- Manually adjustable stride
- Low weight capacity at just 250 pounds
- Minimalistic console lacks entertainment or audio options
- Limited 90-day warranty on parts and labor only
The Bottom Line
If you are a first timer to elliptical trainers and don’t want to spend a lot of money to try one out, this model might be for you. It’s very affordable but that’s it. Otherwise, it’s noisy, uncomfortable, and unreliable. The bottom line is that we would recommend another “starter” model like the ProForm Smart Strider 535, which is under $600 or the NordicTrack E8.9 Elliptical, which is under $800 but are much more heavy duty, have longer strides and more features.