XTERRA Free Style 5.8e Elliptical Review
Sole E95 Elliptical
With a generous 400 lbs weight capacity, this machine is still in the 200-lb range fully assembled – you can easily drag it out of the way for vacuuming or making room for overnight guests. The pedals are oversized, as well as padded with a two-degree inversion that takes the strain off of your knees and ankles. The Free Style 5.8e is also the only elliptical from XTERRA to include a heart rate chest strap, While you’re checking out all the stats on the large backlit screen, you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite music thanks to MP3 compatible speakers and an audio jack. Best of all, a cooling fan is included so you can work hard without having to ramp up your home’s energy bill.
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the XTERRA Free Style 5.8e:
- Weight capacity of 400 lb – one of the highest available from any brand
- Two-degree inverted, oversized pedals for protection from injury
- Included pulse grips and chest strap
- 20 electronics levels of resistance and incline
- 25 lb flywheel for a smooth, quiet ride
- MP3 compatible
- Easy to assemble
- Backlight 7.5-inch screen
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the XTERRA Free Style 5.8e:
- Limited programs –only 8 preset and two custom – not much of an improvement from the cheaper models.
- Not a lot of special features
- It’s suspiciously affordable, but still seems to do very well with users.
The Bottom Line
A simple elliptical machine that will help you get into the best shape of your life, the XTERRA Free Style 5.8e is more than just an elliptical machine – it’s a companion the entire family will benefit from. The 20-inch stride length makes it comfortable for both teens and adults, and the lack of special features make it safer and more secure around children. When you’re looking to get fit without a lot of expense or hassle, the XTERRA Free Style 5.8e is the perfect machine for you.