Kid’s Guide to Exercise & Nutrition
Your parents and other adults in your life are always telling you to eat healthy. But do you know why? Eating a balanced diet and staying active keeps you healthy by giving your body energy, controlling your weight, and decreasing your risk of developing disease. When you eat well and stay fit, you also have a better outlook on life. Learn more about exercise and nutrition for kids to know what you should do to stay healthy and strong.
Eating a variety of foods keeps your meals flavorful and provides your body with the nutrients it needs to stay healthy. In addition to fresh fruits and vegetables, the body needs protein, grains, and dairy to create a balanced diet. Remember that not all foods are made equal. For example, potato chips don’t count as a vegetable even though they’re made from potatoes.
- Choose My Plate Games: Kids can make their way through all of the food groups with these fun games.
- Nutrition and Healthy Eating Games and Activities: These interactive games and tools teach children all about nutrition and healthy eating.
- Kids’ Corner Nutrition Games: Kids’ Corner consists of a list of fun kids’ games and activities from many sources around the Web.
- Nutrition for Kids Games: Learn how to separate different foods into their proper food group with these fun games.
- Exercise and Eating Healthy Videos: Watch exercise and healthy eating videos online and learn about getting healthy through nutrition and exercise.
- Nutrition Activities, Puzzles, and Recipes: These activities, puzzles, recipes, and ideas are all about nutrition.
Weight is influenced by two main things: the food you eat and the activity you do. By choosing to eat healthy foods and exercising regularly, you can help keep your body lean and strong. If you’re not already, start to make healthier choices. For example, drink water instead of juice or play outdoors instead of watching TV.
- Losing Weight: Brandon’s Story: Listen to Brandon’s story about how he biked his way to a healthier weight.
- Kid Wisdom Games and Activities: Try these kid-friendly activities and interactive games about nutrition and fitness.
- Interactive Nutrition for Grades 3-6: These nutrition games and activities are intended for students in grades 3 through 6.
- Health Games: Interactive games can teach about food, balanced meals, energy for your body, and more.
- Learn How to Be Healthy: Make your way through the school and learn more about making healthy decisions.
- Health and Nutrition Activities and Videos: This website has kids’ quiz games, activities, presentations, and fun videos about health and nutrition.
What is fitness? It’s when you run in the park, ride your bike, kick a ball, or do any of the fun and active activities you likely do every day. Staying fit helps to keep your body strong and your energy levels high. Get fit with friends by playing soccer or shooting hoops. You can also get fit by yourself by jumping rope or hopping on your bike.
- Time for 10 Videos: This series of five kids’ exercise videos are each less than 10 minutes long and are made by a fitness expert.
- Fitness Games: Play the Fitness Challenge, Move Mixer, Scavenger Hunt, or other fun online games.
- Blast Off Game: Blast Off teaches you to make smart choices when it comes to your diet and physical activity.
- Fitness and Nutrition Games: These fun fitness and nutrition games can help you build healthy living skills.
- Shutterbugs: Wiggle and Stomp: In this game, you’ll be on the lookout for animals that are swimming, running, and otherwise on the move.
- Best Health Apps and Games for Kids: These health apps and games for kids are all about nutrition, exercise, and well-being.
Sports are a fun way to stay healthy and active. They also allow you more time to hang out with friends. There are all types of sports to choose from, such as baseball, basketball, cycling, gymnastics, martial arts, and dancing. When you find a sport that you like, exercising doesn’t seem like work at all.
- Cycling Safety: Try these cycling safety games to bump up your knowledge of safe biking.
- Exercise Instruction Videos: These educational exercise videos for all ages provide instructions on how to do a variety of workouts.
- Fitness Videos for Kids: Check out these fun videos on how you can have fun and get fit at home or school.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: Watch these yoga videos for kids and learn how to stretch your body the right way.
- Swimming and Water Safety Activities: These swimming tips, games and activities teach kids how to be safe while in the water.
- Music for Exercising: List of workout music for running, jumping rope, or other activities.
Healthy habits are a good thing to have, and you likely already have many. Do you eat three full meals a day? Do you play a sport or exercise? Do you drink enough water? If you do any of these activities, you are on the right track to living a healthy lifestyle.
- What Should We Eat: These short online videos teach about maintaining a healthy body, how to read food labels, and what nutrients are in your foods.
- Healthy Habits Games: Learn healthy habits with these fun games.
- Fruit and Veggie Color Champions: Fun games, activities, and recipes teach fruit and vegetable names, colors and descriptions.
- Nutrition Café Game: Learn all about healthy eating with these nutrition games and activities.
- A Healthy Neighborhood: These kids’ fun food games teach nutrition, food groups, and making healthy choices.
- Food Fight Game: Recognize unhealthy foods served in this school cafeteria to help keep your classmates healthy.