ProForm Elliptical Machine Reviews
The ProForm brand is owned by Utah-based ICON Health and Fitness, the largest manufacturer, developer, and marketer of fitness equipment. Founders Gary Stevenson and Scott Waterson got into fitness equipment in the 1980's under the name of Pro-Form Fitness Products, Inc. where they expanded into fitness equipment.
ProForm is known for being an innovative leader in fitness with over three decades of state of the art equipment. Some of the characteristics that set Pro-Form apart from other brands are their durable commercial gauge steel frame construction, Silent Magnetic Resistance technology, and SpaceSaver ™ design for easy storage. All of these features combined with solid price points make Pro-Form elliptical trainers both durable and affordable.
Front Drive Series:
This line of elliptical trainers is front drive designed, with the motor in the front, rather than back of the trainer. As a whole, these trainers offer advanced consoles with smart technology, which includes iFit capability, but fewer customizable options than the rear drive series. The baseline model of the front-drive series from ProForm is the Endurance 520 E, followed by the 720 E and then the 9.0 NE, the 12.0 NE and the top of the line 16.0 NE elliptical.
Rear Drive Series:
The rear drive series of trainers are built with the motor in the back, which is more comfortable and easier to use for many people. In this series, Pro-Form offers a very basic trainer from the Smart Strider Series (535, 735 & 935), no advanced features, all the way to the top of the line model with more advanced features and customizable features such as a power adjustable ramp and power adjustable stride, something that none of the trainers in the front drive series offer. This series of trainers also features SpaceSaver™ technology for easy store away.
Part bike, part elliptical, this the ProForm Hybrid Elliptical Trainer is a 2-in-1 piece of equipment offered at an impressive price point. This trainer lacks many of the even basic features as other trainers, which as a sound system or built-in fan, but the price is hard to beat. This trainer allows users to easily train multiple muscle groups and change up between performance and endurance training.
- Frame: Durable commercial gauge steel frame construction for a very reliable trainer
- Incline Controls: Silent Magnetic Resistance™ technology for quiet operation, ideal for in-home use
- Console: iPod compatible with a great speaker system on most all models; many models also come iFit enabled
- Customizable Features: Many customizable features such as adjustable foot pedals and incline ramp
- Warranty: Most trainers come with a lifetime warranty on the frame
- Motor: Front drive series is uncomfortable for some users, and offers less of a “natural” feel
- Console: While many of their trainers are iFit enabled, you must purchase the wireless module and the yearly subscription (even on the top of the line models)
- Controls: In-handle controls can malfunction or work improperly
- Warranty: Warranties vary with some as low as 90 days for parts and labor
Pro-Form knows how to design an elliptical trainer that is comfortable and built to last. They offer a variety of models at varying price points, which allows users to choose the best trainer based on their individualized needs. Most of their trainers easily fold up for easy storage and are also incredibly quiet, making these trainers ideal for in-home use in general.
All ProForm Ellipticals
Best Selling ProForm Models
ProForm Endurance 920E Elliptical
The brand new ProForm Endurance 920 E front-drive elliptical trainer features a...
ProForm 16.0 NE Elliptical
The Pro-Form 16.0 NE is the top of the line model in...
ProForm Hybrid Trainer Elliptical
One of our top picks for best cheap ellipticals, the ProForm Hybrid can...