ProForm Pro HIIT H14 Review
In fact, it will even dictate your workout for you. The 14-inch full-color touchscreen provides access to a plethora of video training classes in iFit. The purchase price is up by $300 over its predecessor, however this now includes a year’s subscription to iFit (a $468 value) as well as its updated and larger screen, so altogether the price adjustment makes sense.
A high quality experience can be found throughout this top-of-the-line cardio trainer. This extends right down to the 30-pound flywheel, which helps the Pro HIIT H14 perform as smoothly as any commercial elliptical that you’d find in a gym. The drive also allows the machine accommodate a wide range of trainees’ strength levels, just like that of a health club cross-trainer.
With its most recent update, the warranty of the Pro HIIT H14 is a little bit shorter than it once was, however it’s pretty standard given the category. It carries a 10-year warranty on its frame, 2 years on parts, and one year on labor.
ProForm Pro HIIT H14 - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||Yes|
|Weight Capacity:||325 lbs|
|Dimensions:||66" L x 29" W x 52" H|
Our Favorite Features
- Total body training for weight loss, strength and cardiovascular toning
- Low impact motion promotes efficiency and minimizes the risk of exercise-related discomfort
- High quality pedals are cushioned and roomy to promote comfort and endurance
- Multigrip handlebars help the machine fit different body sizes and make it easy to diversify upper-body training
- Club-quality performance from a 30-pound flywheel
- Resistance at 26 levels to suit a wide range of ability levels
- Thirty-four preset programs and optional iFit support excellent workout variety
- Contact and wireless pulse monitors are included; a wireless chest strap ships with the machine
- 10” touchscreen with web browser enhances workout time
- Device compatible with 2” speakers for audio motivation
- Media ledge for holding a tablet computer, Kindle, magazine, etc.
- Compact machine size compared with traditional cross-trainers and treadmills; 39” L x 29.25” W x 66.7” H
- A two-speed fan and bottle holder help trainees keep cool and hydrated
- Valuable warranty package on the frame, parts and labor
Our Least Favorite Features
- Fixed stride rather than variable; the vertical path is 10” and the horizontal path is 5”
- High intensity interval training is fantastic for sparking the metabolism and sculpting the body, but it’s not recommended for everyone (such as those with high blood pressure)
The Bottom Line
High intensity interval training can deliver rather impressive results. Using ProForm’s new Pro HIIT H14, it’s possible to see those physical benefits without the jarring impact that other forms of interval training often involve. This unique fitness machine has high-end specs, reasonable pricing, and a valuable factory-direct warranty. That’s a rare combination too good to ignore.