ProForm Carbon El Elliptical Review
Measuring 25 inches wide, by 68.5 inches deep, and 67.75 inches tall, the elliptical can hold up to 300 pounds in user weight. ProForm offers a 10-year frame warranty, as well as one-year for parts and labor. In terms of comfort, users have an integrated tablet holder atop a 5-inch high contrast display. Oversized pedals and Soft Touch Upper-Body Grips are also afforded for user ease. With front-mounted transport wheels, the unit can be easily picked up and relocated about the room for storage. Meanwhile, an audio auxiliary port with two 2-inch speakers also come with the package.
Meanwhile, true fans of the elliptical experience will be most interested in the high-quality steel construction with front-drive design, and the 19-inch power adjustable stride. With 18 levels of SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance controlled by QuickSpeed® Buttons, the ProForm Carbon El Elliptical offers a 20-degree adjustable ramp with five positions. The flywheel, at 15 pounds, is inertia-enhanced. In terms of workout programs, the machine doesn’t come pre-loaded with routines but is instead of iFit Bluetooth Smart Enabled, ready for activation. A subscription and Internet connection are required for the iFit program, which brings not only a virtual library containing thousands of workouts, but also live trainers who can adjust the machine’s controls from remote locations. In addition to maintaining the user’s workout data, the program can also take users around the world virtually by way of iFit Global Workouts using the included screen or their own tablet.
Our Favorite Features
- Adjustable stride up to 19″ to support most users
- Warrantied up to 10 years for the frame gives consumers confidence in the machine
- iFit gives users access to a library of workouts and live trainers
- Heart rate monitoring comes by way of EKG Grip Pulse Sensors
- Smaller footprint relative to larger rear-drive ellipticals
- Automated incline with range from zero to 20 degrees with five positions
- Audio Auxiliary Port with Dual 2-inch Speakers
- User weight capacity of 300 pounds should be sufficient for most users
ProForm Carbon El Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||20-degree power adjustable|
|Weight Capacity:||300 lbs|
|Dimensions:||68.5" L x 25" W x 67.75" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Lacks a workout fan
- 5″ High Contrast Display is a little small relative to other machines
- 15-pound flywheel is a little light for heavier users
- Wifi and a subscription are needed to access iFit, which is clearly a focal point
The Bottom Line
At $799, the ProForm Carbon El is a great, budget-friendly elliptical for fitness fans not interested in fancy accessories. With a 15-pound flywheel and 19-inch stride, it’s definitely built with average sized users in mind, but the price range should make that obvious. Meanwhile, the next up elliptical in the ProForm family is the Carbon EX at $999, which brings with it a slightly larger screen and flywheel. As a rule, those two variables play a big role in determining price. But for the money, the ProForm Carbon El brings a strong warranty and solid machine you’d be proud to take home.