ProForm Smart Strider 695 CSE Review
The ProForm 695 CSE elliptical console has a large data window for showing time, distance, calories and pulse. It measures pulse with grips on the handlebars. Additionally the console has a round display to indicate exertion level (Endurance, Tempo or Peak) based on Watts per kilogram; color-coded lights let you see your output in a quick glance.
ProForm Smart Striders recruit the upper body and lower body at once. The 695 CSE lets you choose from 20 resistance levels for the elliptical footpath, with the top setting being equivalent to 18 pounds. For a literal boost with the benefit of better muscle tone you can add incline to your training with a max setting of 10 percent. Pedals on this Strider are cushioned, as are the handgrips, to help you keep comfortable and maximize endurance. This model also has a personal cooling fan and integrated drink holder.
Dimensions (unfolded) for the Smart Strider 695 CSE elliptical are 80 inches long, 32 inches wide and 65 inches tall. Transport wheels are attached. Warranty coverage includes lifetime protection for the frame, two years for parts and a year for labor.
ProForm Smart Strider 695 CSE - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||Yes|
|Incline:||0 - 10 degrees|
|Dimensions:||65" L x 32" W x 80" H|
Our Favorite Features
- Supports low impact exercise (low stress on joints) while toning your whole body and cardiovascular system
- Foldable frame with transport wheels for convenient storage
- Rear drive design promotes easy balance
- 18" stride is ideal for smaller trainees
- 20 resistance levels for a customized challenge
- 10 percent max power incline to focus on different muscle groups
- 24 preset workout programs designed by a certified personal trainer
- iFit Coach Ready for ever-adapting personalized training and unlimited workout program downloads
- Workout fan and water bottle holder to help cool and hydrate your body
- Commercial-gauge steel frame with 300-pound user weight capacity and lifetime warranty
Our Least Favorite Features
- iFit access requires connecting your own mobile device whereas the 895 CSE has a built-in screen for iFit video and scenic Google Maps workouts
- Grip pulse monitor is less convenient and less accurate than a wireless monitor
- So-so warranty has less value compared with those of higher model numbers
- Foldable, but needs more space compared with front-drive and center-drive elliptical machines
The Bottom Line
ProForm’s new 695 CSE elliptical for 2017 is a fun match for people in the earlier stages of elliptical training. It has adequate force to keep a beginner challenged, motivated and reaching new levels of physical fitness. It’s especially favored by smaller trainees who find that standard health club ellipticals are a bit too large for their strides.
Keep in mind though that the 695 lacks wireless heart rate monitoring… and accurate cardio monitoring, for many of us, goes hand-in-hand with cardio training. If you’d like the convenience of wireless telemetry built into your elliptical, consider the ProForm 895 CSE instead. Another perk of choosing the 895 CSE is its touchscreen control panel for accessing preloaded workouts, iFit as well as internet access.