ProForm SMART Pro 16.9 Trainer Elliptical Review
ProForm SMART Pro 16.9 Trainer Elliptical Detailed Overview
A 32-pound effective-inertia flywheel powers this model that withstands user weights of up to 375 pounds. There is a 20″ power adjustable stride, an adjustable incline ramp that offers a range of 0 to 20 degrees, and 26 digital resistance levels to choose from. The commercial-grade steel construction of the frame makes the SMART Pro 16.9 very sturdy and reliable, and the adjustable oversized cushioned pedals and multi-grip upper body grips make it very comfortable and easy to use. The Pro 16.9 is also designed with Silent Magnetic Technology (SMT) which means that you won’t hear a lot of friction, squeaking and noise from the machine when in use. Overall, the design of this machine is very ergonomically-sound despite the fact that it is a front-drive machine (a front-drive elliptical trainer can force you to lean forward a little more than a rear-drive).
The iFit enabled console features a 10-inch full color capacitive touchscreen display that is also equipped with 35 built-in workout programs (heart rate, intervals, etc.), an iPod compatible Intermix Acoustics Sound System, and an EKG grip pulse with wireless chest strap. In addition, the console provides a water bottle holder, CoolAire(TM) workout fan with two speed settings, and an integrated tablet holder.
ProForm offers a warranty that covers the lifetime of this frame, 6 years on parts and 3 years on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- 10” full color capacitive touchscreen display
- iFit enabled for easy access to unlimited workouts
- Easy out-of-the-box assembly, completed in just three simple steps
- Power adjustable stride, an ideal feature for personalization
- Wireless heart rate monitoring with chest strap included
- Compact design with a smaller footprint
- 26 digital resistance levels to easily target multiple muscle groups with
- Extra heavy flywheel for an extra smooth, reliable experience, weighing in at 32 pounds
- Durable commercial-grade steel frame makes the trainer sturdy and safe for daily use
- Impressive warranty with lifetime coverage on frame, 6 years on parts and 3 years labor
- Great program variety with 35 workout apps built in
ProForm SMART Pro 16.9 Trainer Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||0 – 20° Incline Ramp|
|Stride Length:||20" Power Adjustable|
|Programs:||35 Workout Apps|
|Fan:||CoolAire™ Workout Fan|
|Weight Capacity:||375 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80.3" L x 25.7" W x 64.4" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- iFit Subscription required (not included)
- Front-drive design is not preferred by everyone
- Not a lot of console space for phone, keys, etc.
- Price can be an issue with this model as it is one of their most expensive models
- Lacks in-handle incline controls
The Bottom Line
This is a high-performance elliptical trainer that will meet almost anyone’s needs, but it is an investment, if your budget allows. The console is attractive and highly functional with a full touchscreen display and iFit compatibility and the multiple adjustable features make this machine easily adaptable for users of varying sizes and ability level. There are tons of options to mix up your workout, and paired with a great variety of programs, you won’t let boredom get the best of you with the SMART Pro 16.9.