ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical Review
ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical Rating
ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical Detailed Overview
For lower body training you get access to 24 resistance levels and can power-adjust the pedal incline if desired. Just as your own stride naturally shortens when you walk uphill instead of flat, the stride range on the ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical moves from 21 inches to 18 inches. Training with the incline is excellent for target-toning muscles from the calves up to the glutes; each setting alters the tilt and length of the elliptical stride and thus recruits the muscle groups differently. Upper-body training with the ProForm Pro 9.9 is dynamic too, as the handlebars let you comfortably grip in different positions to focus on different muscles in the arms, shoulders, back and core.
The Pro 9.9 elliptical console has a 6-inch LCD for accessing 32 preset workout programs. Sixteen programs focus on calorie burn and 16 focus on performance. Additionally the Pro 9.9 is iFit Ready, so the machine can be used with an endless variety of new workout downloads. (A monthly or yearly iFit membership is required.) iFit workouts with Google Street View are especially motivating as the elliptical machine’s incline adjusts to copy the landscape.
Warranty coverage for the ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical is a fair match for the $999 sale price. Buying directly from the manufacturer, customers get lifetime coverage for the frame, three years for parts and one year for labor.
ProForm Pro 9.9 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Weight Capacity:||350 lbs|
|Dimensions:||79.75" L x 25.75" W x 66.25" H|
Our Favorite Features
- Supports low impact motion to help you exercise comfortably, avoid exercise-related injury and use energy more efficiently
- Variable stride 18" to 21" to fit different heights and diversify exercise
- 28-pound flywheel for smooth and steady rides by riders of all sizes
- Cushioned pedals add to your comfort
- 24 resistance levels for very light to very heavy force
- Zero to 20 degree incline allows for targeted muscle toning and boosts the metabolism
- Moving multigrip handlebars support different positions for toning the upper body
- 32 preset workout programs designed by a fitness professional
- iFit Coach Ready for video workouts, unlimited downloads of customized personal trainer workouts, Google Maps workouts with Street View, wireless data logging and more
- Water bottle holder and two-speed fan help keep you cool
- Commercial gauge steel frame with 350-pound user weight capacity and a lifetime warranty
- Transport wheels make it easy to move the 9.9 elliptical out of the way after a workout
- Three-year warranty on parts and other buyer protections
Our Least Favorite Features
- Shortest stride (18”) is only available at the steepest incline, which could disappoint some trainees
- Grip pulse monitor is less convenient than a wireless heart rate monitor
The Bottom Line
ProForm’s new Pro 9.9 elliptical is a great buy at the promotional price of $999. The variable stride of 18″ to 21″ can fit all family members and help you develop great tone, and the heavy drive helps the machine support very smooth exercise at a wide variety of challenge levels and for users weighing up to 350 pounds.
For the best workout experiences we recommend pairing this elliptical trainer with a wireless heart rate monitor and a tablet computer… or upgrading to the Pro 12.9 ($1,299 on sale), which has wireless monitoring and a touchscreen with internet access.