Bowflex BXE216 Elliptical Review
Bowflex BXE216 Elliptical Detailed Overview
The BXE216 Elliptical supports up to four user profiles. It ships with a chest strap for accurate wireless heart rate monitoring and Bluetooth connectivity so that trainees can export their heart rate, calorie burn and other data to fitness apps such as Bowflex Results, Google Fit and MyFitnessPal for advanced tracking.
Our Favorite Features
- Low-impact strength and cardio training.
- Power incline for extra cardio challenge and muscle toning.
- Four user profiles for customized training.
- Advanced calorie tracking.
- 11 built-in workout programs.
- Bluetooth connection to mobile apps for data logging.
- Wireless heart rate monitoring with chest strap included.
- Premium handlebars that allow multiple grip positions for diverse exercise.
- Media tray (tablet/phone holder) with USB charger for mobile devices.
- Water bottle holder located beneath the console.
- A space-conscious front drive machine that is a good fit for home use.
Bowflex BXE216 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Programs:||11 workout programs|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LB|
|Dimensions:||77" L x 31" W x 70" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
Our least favorite feature is the stride length, which fixed rather than adjustable. This means that the trainer wouldn’t be ideal for especially small or tall family members. Ellipticals with adjustable stride length are mostly found in a higher price class (above $2000).
The Bottom Line
The Bowflex BXE216 fairs well in the under-$2000 elliptical category. It’s an especially good match for people who value tracking their health data. The console lacks the sort of integrated touchscreen that you might find in another brand, but that obviously helps keep the cost down (plus the console has a media shelf at eye level so you can always use a tablet to replace some console functions). This machine isn’t destined to be a star of The Bowflex line or within it’s price range, but it is certainly a strong machine worth considering.