NordicTrack C 9.5 Elliptical Review
NordicTrack C 9.5 Elliptical Detailed Overview
The oversized pedals are both cushioned and adjustable and the SoftTouch upperbody grips are also cushioned and ergonomically placed for added comfort and stability. To monitor heart rate, you can use the dual CardioGrip heart rate monitoring sensors located on the stationary handlebars; however, there is no option for wireless heart rate monitoring.
Coming to the console area, users can enjoy a large 7 web-enabled color touchscreen display that includes 32 built-in workout programs, OneTouch controls, and a very easy to read and attractive display. This model is also iPod compatible, coming with two 2-inch speakers. Finally, if you have a yearly subscription to iFit, you can access your account and enjoy unlimited workouts as this model is iFit compatible. Other basics of the console include a water bottle holder, tablet holder, and a large built-in Autobreeze workout fan.
NordicTrack covers the lifetime of the frame, 3 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- 7-inch color touchscreen display that is also web-enabled
- Great program variety with 32 built-in workout apps that range from speed and incline training to heart rate and calorie burn options
- Power adjustable incline offers wide range of 0 to 20 degrees
- Tablet holder
- Heavy-duty flywheel of 25 pounds keeps things smooth and quiet
- 24 digital resistance levels offers a wide variety of options for a number of training options
- OneTouch(TM) controls for fast, efficient changes on the move
- Adjustable stride of 18 to 20”
- Lifetime warranty on the frame
NordicTrack C 9.5 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Stride Length:||18"-20" Adjustable Stride|
|Programs:||32 Workout Apps|
|Fan:||Autobreeze Workout Fan|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||67.1" L x 25" W x 69.1" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Lacks the ability to track heart rate wirelessly
- Can be a little pricey; not ideal for all budgets
- Not a great warranty for parts and labor with 3 years coverage on parts and 1 year on labor
- Front drive design can be uncomfortable for people with low back issues
- iFit subscription not included; it will cost you $99/year
- Console area lacks a reading rack/space for phone, keys, etc.
The Bottom Line
The NordicTrack C 9.5 is a fully customizable machine with lots of options to personalize your workout. The stride is adjustable from 18 to 20 inches, which can comfortably fit people of most heights, and the power adjustable incline of 0 to 20 degrees allows you to target varying muscle groups. The front-drive design isn’t preferred by everyone, but it is more compact than a rear-drive model and is also easily enjoyed by users of almost all shapes and sizes.