NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS14i Elliptical Review
Even though it is an expensive machine, it is multi-functional. It acts as a stepper and elliptical in one. It’s a low-impact exercise machine too, so it’s ideal for those who are looking for a machine that’s easy on the knees and other joints. As a resistance trainer, the FS14i offers 26 digital resistance levels from a 20-pound flywheel. Alongside the moving handlebars, it’s a total-body workout.
Other highlights include Bluetooth heart-rate monitoring and a free 1-year membership to iFit. Creature comforts include Bluetooth-enabled audio and speakers, a bottle holder, and a cooling workout fan. The FS14i also includes a 10-year frame, 2-year parts and 1-year labor warranty. Check out our favorite and least favorite features of the FS14i below.
Our Favorite Features
- Adjustable stride (32″) allows for a variety of workout styles and user heights
- 14″ touchscreen offers an immersive workout display for viewing iFit workouts
- Incline and decline means you can target a variety of muscle groups
- iFit gives you access to a basically unlimited library of on-demand workouts and Google Maps trails (including a free 1-year membership to the service)
- 35 programs built in to use alongside iFit or if you don’t want to continue your iFit subscription after your free year
- Wireless heart-rate monitoring to accurately keep track of your ticker
- Center drive design supports your balance while keeping the machine size compact
NordicTrack FreeStride Trainer FS14i Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||-10% - 10% Power Adjustable|
|Stride Length:||32" (Auto-Adjustable)|
|Programs:||35 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||375 LB|
|Dimensions:||58.5" L x 29.5" W x 74" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- The flywheel is 20 pounds, which is fairly light for this price point
- It is an expensive machine even considering all of its features, especially when compared to other machines in the series
The Bottom Line
The FS14i is a top-spec elliptical machines in terms of tech and features. With its adjustable stride and resistance levels, it offers a variety of workout styles. The FS14i probably isn’t a machine for those who don’t appreciate tech, as this is what you are paying the extra dollars for over the other machines in the series. Stuck between which FreeStride trainer to buy? Consider which features you prioritize the most, and if it is tech, the FS14i could be a great purchase for you. The large screen means that it is the most immersive for iFit workouts. However, if you have a little less cash to spend, you will get a very similar workout experience on one of the other trainers in the NordicTrack series such as the FS7i or FS10i for a lower price.