Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Review
Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Rating
Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Detailed Overview
How it works: The trainee can sit to use the machine as a bike, or stand and use the same pedals in elliptical-style. Stationary handlebars are included for biking mode, and moving handlebars are included for elliptical mode. Resistance is generated with a chain that pulls on a fan, plus the tension can be adjusted slightly with a knob located over the fan wheel.
A small data monitor is included for showing time elapsed, distance, speed and estimated calories burned.
Owners have suggested that the Body Rider BRD2000 is best considered a fitness machine for relatively small people because it has a very short stride in elliptical mode, just 12”. The short stride leads some owners to only use the machine as a bike. Also, the machine has an official user weight capacity of 250 pounds but is likely to wobble even when used by people who weigh much less. The Body Rider itself weighs just 66 pounds.
The low price and short warranty (90 days on the parts) would lead us to expect very low quality, and that hunch is confirmed by a high percentage of customer reviews. Major complaints about this product are difficult assembly, noisy operation and broken parts that render it unusable.
Our Favorite Features
- Two-in-one functionality: upright cycling and elliptical training
- Low impact exercise for the whole body is supported in elliptical mode
- Adjustable bike seat both vertically and horizontally
- Fan wheel generates a breeze
- Compact size (48” L x 28.5” W x 59.5” H)
- Low price and free shipping
- Difficult assembly can result from poorly made parts
- Noisy operation from the chain and fan
- Very short stride in elliptical mode (just 12”)
- Uncomfortable bike seat
- Very short warranty from the manufacturer (90 days on parts)
The Bottom Line
The Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Trainer with Seat is a low-scoring attempt at a hybrid fitness machine. It has poor ergonomics in elliptical trainer mode, and compared with discount exercise bikes it’s more likely to break down quickly. Our advice is to keep browsing for a better value.