Life Fitness X3 Elliptical Cross-Trainer Review
This Machine is Discontinued
Life Fitness X3 Elliptical Cross-Trainer Rating
This Machine is Discontinued
Life Fitness X3 Elliptical Cross-Trainer Detailed Overview
Beyond the durable, commercial grade steel frame and advanced design, this trainer is also designed with comfort and convenience in mind with a well-placed cup holder right in an arm’s reach, and easy access keys built right into the hand grips. Everything you need while working out, from your iPod to your water bottle, is right in reach. This trainer features a 7 inch step-on height, a fixed stride length of 20 inches, 16 levels of resistance, and a 350 pound weight limit.
Life Fitness offers two console options with the X3: the Track + Console, which is now on sale for $2399 (formerly $3099), and the Go Console, which now retails for $1999 (formerly $2699). The Track + console features a blue back lit LCD display screen with Life Fitness LF connect accessibility, making it easy to set and monitor individual workout goals. With this console, you can connect your favorite mobile device for real-time tracking. In addition, the Track + option comes with 14 built-in pre-set workout programs, 12 customizable programs and 4 user profiles. The Go Console lacks the ability to connect your favorite devices, but it does provide an attractive blue LCD display screen, 12 pre-set workout programs, 2 customizable programs and 2 user profiles. With both consoles, users can enjoy CoachZone, which includes GluteToner™ and ArmToner ™ Workouts Enhancements, to specifically and easily target certain muscle groups.
Life Fitness provides lifetime coverage on the frame, 3 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- Affordable, ranging in price from $1999 to $2399
- Easy Access Keys and Quick Start Keys
- WhisperStride ™ Technology makes for a smooth, and almost silent workout experience
- Interactive and advanced fitness training options with the Track + Console
- Customizable options with multiple user profiles and customizable workout programs built into the console
- Heart Rate Monitoring System with wireless option
- Lifetime warranty on frame
- Ergonomically-sound design of the console area and stride length
- Rear drive design alleviates pressure on the back, and is preferred by many over the front drive designed elliptical trainers
- Ships direct from manufacturer
Life Fitness X3 Elliptical Cross-Trainer - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81" L x 30" W x 59" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Non-adjustable stride, non-adjustable pedals
- No heart rate controlled programs
- Lacks transport wheels which can make trainer difficult to move and store
- Fewer workout programs with 12-14 options (depending on the console choice)
The Bottom Line
Life Fitness is a leading brand, with all machines designed and tested in the US. under extremely high standards, and their home equipment is subject to the same standards as the commercial equipment. What this means is that you get what you pay for with the quality and durability of a health club level machine. The Life Fitness X3 Elliptical Cross Trainer offers a commercial quality training experience with all of the advanced tracking features and quiet, natural stride movement Life Fitness is known for.