Life Fitness X5 Elliptical Cross-Trainer Review
Life Fitness E1 Elliptical Cross-Trainer
The X5 is customizable and adaptable with a SelectStride ™ adjustable stride length of up to 24 inches and adjustable pivoting, oversized FlexPedal™ shock absorption pedals. As with other models in this series, you get your choice of consoles.
For this model, you have the choice between the Track + Console, retailing for $2899, or the Go Console, retailing for $2499. The advanced Track + Console allows you to use your favorite Apple or Android devices. In addition, you will also have access to the LFConnect™ app to be able to use your device to track, store and personalize workouts for an engaging and unique workout experience. The Track + console also comes with a blue LCD display screen, a wireless heart rate monitoring system with the chest strap included, 14 built-in pre-set workout programs, 4 user profiles, and 12 customizable workout programs. The Go Console lacks Bluetooth connectivity so you won’t be able to connect your devices to this console, but you will get 12 built-in pre-set workout programs, 2 user profiles, and 2 customizable workout programs.
With both consoles, heart rate monitoring is easy with contact heart rate hand sensors on the ErgoGrip™ stationary handlebars. Beyond the workout program variety and fitness tracking features, this trainer is simply built to last with a 350 pound weight maximum and a solid, steel rear drive designed frame. This model also features CoachZone, which includes GluteToner™ and ArmToner ™ Workouts Enhancements to specifically and easily target certain muscle groups.
Life Fitness provides lifetime coverage on the frame, 3 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- Adjustable stride length with a maximum of 24 inches
- Adjustable, pivoting foot pedals
- Easy Access Keys and QuickStart option
- WhisperStride ™ Technology makes for a smooth, and almost silent workout experience
- Unique targeted muscle workout with the Coach Zone program
- Interactive and advanced fitness training options with the Track + Console
- Customizable options with multiple user profiles and customizable workout programs built into the console
- Heart Rate Monitoring System with wireless option
- Lifetime warranty on frame
- Ergonomically-sound design of the console area and stride length
- Rear drive design alleviates pressure on the back, and is preferred by many over the front drive designed elliptical trainers
- Ships direct from manufacturer
Life Fitness X5 Elliptical Cross-Trainer - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||83" L x 26" W x 63" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- No heart rate controlled programs
- Lacks transport wheels which can make trainer difficult to move and store
The Bottom Line
Life Fitness is a leading brand, with all machines designed and tested in the US. under extremely high standards, and their home equipment is subject to the same standards as the commercial equipment. What this means is that you get what you pay for with the quality and durability of a health club level machine. The Life Fitness X5 Elliptical Cross Trainer is ideal if you have multiple users using the same machine as almost all features are customizable or adjustable. This trainer is intended for users who want to track their progress and monitor workouts while also keeping joints safe, so if you are willing to spend a little more, you can get an excellent trainer built to last with advanced entertainment features. Depending on your fitness goals, the X5 is an ideal, reliable piece of equipment that is perfect for in home use and comes equipped with Coach Zone for advanced muscle targeting. If you go with this particular model, the Go Elliptical Console may be a better deal than the Track + Console if you are looking for an advanced trainer with the advanced entertainment options but also want to save money. The bottom line is that this model is an impressive mid-level trainer that is well worth the investment no matter what console option you go with.