NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro Elliptical Review
NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i Elliptical
Overall, the NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro can be summed up in one word – reliable. Enjoy daily or twice daily workouts on this machine without much sign of wear or tear. Unlike many ellipticals, this one includes the option of adjustable cushion pedals, providing a much more customized fit to your feet. There is a diverse range on the digital incline – between 15 to 40 degrees. Add to this effective magnetic resistance and an adjustable stride of 20-23”, and you have a great pick.
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite pieces of the 990 Pro include:
- Soft touch upper body grips – this allows you to work out longer and harder without stiffness or injury to the hands.
- Autobreeze workout fan – stay cool while you exercise. It works great with all different body types and heat levels.
- iFit Workout – get inspired, be held accountable and stay active with this workout.
- Adjustable cushion pedals and stride
- Bright blue blacklit display screen with informative updates
- Choose between building your own exercise plan or use a pre-programmed one
NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||15 - 40 degrees|
|Stride Length:||20 - 23" Adjustable Stride|
|Programs:||24 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81.5" L x 27" W x 66" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
As with any piece of exercise equipment, experiences vary. While many are thrilled with the 990 Pro, others will experience a downside.
- The control board has been known to go out after a year or so. While this isn’t the norm, if it happens, it is pricey to replace.
- Lack of programs – the 990 Pro does not have some of the typical offerings, including heart rate programs and weight loss. However, with an iFit membership you can obtain all of these and more.
- No quick start button
- Limited warranty for everything but the frame
The Bottom Line
Most users will be pleased with the NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro’s capabilities and design. If you desire a large amount of program options and every bell and whistle offered on today’s ellipticals, then it may be wiser to go with a newer model or more expensive brand. However, for the price range and reputation for intense durability, the 990 Pro is where it’s at. This machine is also ideal for multiple users, as the adjustable parts add comfort, safety and effectiveness to each individual’s workout. If you do purchase this elliptical machine, it is highly recommended you invest in an iFit membership. This will let you virtually race others, explore exercise courses all over the world via Google Maps and a lot of other entertaining workout plan features that will keep you motivated and inspired in the years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro weigh?
The NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro weighs in at 245 pounds.
Can the NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro fold up?
The NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro can be folded by lifting the latch under each pedal arm and lifting the pedal arms off the arm sleeves.
In what year did the NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro originally come out?
The NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro release year was 2003.
Where can I buy the NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro?
The original NordicTrack AudioStrider 990 Pro has been discontinued by the manufacturer, so you’d have to find a used machine. The NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE7i is our recommended alternative.