Precor EFX 221 Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer Review
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Precor EFX 221:
- 5-inch high contrast screen makes for easy viewing in the thick of your workout
- Tap style dome keys make it simple to adjust CrossRamp and Resistance levels during your workout
- Stationary handlebars give you a total ab workout that yields wonderful results.
Precor EFX 221 Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||15, 20 and 25 Degrees|
|Stride Length:||3 Stride Lengths|
|Programs:||10 preset workouts|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||75" L x 29" W x 65" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the EFX 221:
- Some newer models in the EFX line have moving handlebars. The 221’s handlebars are stationary, which limits the muscle groups you can target.
- 10 preset workouts, but no room for customized workout plans.
The Bottom Line
The EFX 221 is a powerful, basic machine able to get you fit and moving. Like all Precor machines, this one comes with a lifetime frame warranty and a limited parts and labor guarantee, which allows you to count on this machine for years to come. With commercial-grade technology wrapped into a house-friendly design, the EFX 221 is reliable, user-friendly and adaptable for multiple household members. Best of all, for those who are serious about fitness, it’s reasonably priced based upon what you get. Commercial-grade machines are never “affordable”, but this one is a realistic investment for those who wish to get started with elliptical fitness in a convenient, effective way.