NordicTrack C 7.5 Elliptical Review
NordicTrack C 7.5 Elliptical Rating
NordicTrack C 7.5 Elliptical Detailed Overview
The C 7.5 is equipped with a 20 pound flywheel and has a weight capacity of 325 pounds, which are both decent specs considering it’s an entry-level model. The stride is fixed at 20″. There are much fewer adjustable features on this trainer, but you can adjust your incline levels with the 0 to 20 degree power adjustable ramp and there are also 22 levels of resistance to choose from as well. By changing up the incline and resistance, you can optimize your workout results, toning and burning calories for an all-over total body workout that is very low impact.
The console features a 5-inch backlit display screen with an extra wide viewing angle, an integrated shelf for your devices, and an Autobreeze workout fan that will automatically adjust speed based on the intensity of your workout (the fan can also be manually adjusted). The audio options include iPod compatibility as well as two 2-inch speakers built into the console. For program options, the C 7.5 has 26 built-in workout apps that range from interval training programs to fat loss programs; and if you want to use one of the heart rate based programs, you can monitor your heart rate for more accurate results as there are two integrated EKG pulse grip sensors that send readouts directly to the console. This console is also Bluetooth enabled to be able to work your iFit program via your device, if you have a subscription to the iFit program.
NordicTrack offers a lifetime warranty on the frame, 2 years coverage on parts, and 1 years coverage on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- Price is reasonable at just $799; the most inexpensive model in the series
- Power adjustable incline of 0 to 20 degrees allows you to target specific muscle groups like the glutes or hamstrings
- 22 levels of digital resistance makes it easy to up the intensity of workouts to get more calorie burn
- Softtouch(TM) upper-body grips, multi-positional handlebars help take strain out of the arms when you’re working at higher levels of intensity
- Program variety with 26 pre-loaded workout apps, all designed by personal trainers
- Easy assembly with very few easy to follow steps that don’t require hours of set up
- iFit Bluetooth smart enabled console allows you to connect with your iFit program using your device (must have the iFit program/subscription to use)
- Compact design with transport wheels makes it easy to use in your home, especially if space is a concern
NordicTrack C 7.5 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||0 - 20 degrees|
|Stride Length:||20" Power-Adjustable|
|Programs:||26 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||67.1" L x 25" W x 69.1" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Smaller display at just 5” (the smallest size that they make)
- Non-adjustable, fixed stride set at 20”, so not all users will be comfortable on the same machine and not all movements can be achieved
- Limited console space for phone, keys, etc.; especially for your devices to be kept safe/secure while you work out since this model lacks an integrated tablet holder
- Non-adjustable pedals may be a comfort concern
- Unimpressive warranty covers just 2 years on parts and 1 year on labor with no coverage to speak of on the motor
- Not wired for wireless heart rate monitoring so you’re only option is the rely on the accuracy of the built-in sensors on the stationary handlebars
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for top entertainment features with a flashy high-tech console, look elsewhere. However; if you’re okay with the basic workout readouts and not much else, the C 7.5 might be a great fit for you. As far as comfort features go, this model has you covered but don’t expect too many customizable options either. This model is an entry-level trainer so the price is going to be its best selling point, along with the reputation of the brand, so if you aren’t into spending too much money on features you might not even use in the first place, the NordicTrack C 7.5 offers an affordable elliptical trainer that most anyone can enjoy. If you are looking for more in the way of “bells and whistles,” check out their other models in this series: the NordicTrack C 12.9 Elliptical and the C 9.5 Elliptical.