NordicTrack Commercial 14.9 Elliptical Review
Unfortunately due to increased demand, this model is on back order. In the meantime, the Nordictrack commercial 14.9 is a great alternative. Click here to check it out.
NordicTrack Commercial 14.9 Elliptical Detailed Overview
Equipped with one of the heaviest flywheels on the market, the Commercial 14.9 is driven by a 32 pound flywheel. Match this super heavy flywheel with the Silent Magnetic Resistance (SMR) and you have a supremely smooth and natural stride. The flywheel is probably one of the most essential features of an elliptical trainer because it points to the durability and overall feel of the trainer, so a heavy flywheel is a very good thing!
This powerful drive system supports 24 digital resistance levels, a 20″ power adjustable stride, and a power adjustable incline range of 0 to 20 degrees. The fact that there are so many ways to use this trainer, with the ability to vary the stride length, the stride height, and the intensity, makes it a very versatile machine for both training and comfort purposes. You can target specific muscle groups at once, focus on cardiovascular endurance, and get an all-over total body workout.
Every good piece of workout equipment needs a reliable, modern console to keep you up to date on your workout stats, and to keep you motivated and entertained. This model provides just that with a large 10″ web-enabled color touchscreen display that is iFit enabled and equipped to work with the wireless heart rate monitor that is also included (there are dual CardioGrip heart rate monitoring sensors as well). You have 35 workout apps to choose from, all designed by personal trainers, and you can stay updated and motivated with an integrated tablet holder to keep your devices safe and secure while working out. The audio options include iPod compatibility and two 2” speakers, and the console area features a single water bottle holder, an Autobreeze auto adjustable workout fan, and one-touch controls for both incline and resistance. There are even in-handle controls on the stationary handlebars so you can make fast, efficient changes to incline and resistance.
NordicTrack offers a lifetime warranty on the frame, 6 years coverage on parts, and 3 years coverage on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- Powerful 32 pound flywheel features Silent Magnetic Resistance for one of the smoothest, quietest motors available
- Softtouch (TM) multi-positional upper-body grips help keep you balanced and comfortable when working the muscles of the upper and lower body
- Power adjustable stride of 20” makes it easy for multiple people of varying sizes to use the same machine
- Power adjustable incline of 0 to 20 degrees makes it easy to target varying muscle groups, or torch calories with interval training
- Adjustable pedals keep your feet from falling asleep in the pedals
- Web-enabled color touchscreen display features 10 inches of full color vibrancy that allows you to keep in touch on social media, check emails, or stream music
- Great program variety with over 30 built-in workout programs to choose from, all designed by personal trainers
- Smart, intuitive console features that include an integrated tablet holder, one-touch controls, and an Autobreeze workout fan that automatically adjusts to the intensity of your workout
NordicTrack Commercial 14.9 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||64.5" L x 26" W x 80.25" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Narrower console is not as spacious as other brands with just one water bottle holder and limited storage space
- iFit subscription is sold separately, which will cost you $99/year
- Limited Warranty covers lifetime of the frame, but not the motor
- Front drive design can put strain on your lower back if you lean forward too much (and front-drive design models do require a little leaning already)
The Bottom Line
The Commercial 14.9 is a top model. Equipped with updated options that include even more ways to train smarter, these customizable features help you to tailor your workout to your individual needs every time. NordicTrack has included tech-friendly options like a web-enabled touchscreen display, iFit compatibility and an auto-adjustable workout fan to make this elliptical trainer a top contender among other brands, and you’d be hard pressed to find more ways to change up your workout. Critics of elliptical trainers might find themselves with little to argue against a machine with so many options, so while we recommend the Commercial 14.9 as an all-around solid elliptical trainer that almost anyone could enjoy, be sure to also check out their other models like the C 12.9, that are slightly cheaper with little difference in features.