Octane Zero Runner ZR7 Elliptical Review
Octane Zero Runner ZR7 Elliptical Rating
Octane Zero Runner ZR7 Elliptical Detailed Overview
The Zero Runner ZR7 in this review, unlike the ZR8, does not have moving arm bars. It’s sold with optional cross training equipment for upper body exercise and gives access to cross training workouts as well as standard lower body workouts. These workouts are delivered by the digital training platform SmartLink. In addition to featuring hundreds of well-categorized tutorial videos and preset training programs, SmartLink can set up personalized 30-day, 60-day and 90-day exercise plans. With each workout session the Octane ZR7 can provide gait analysis along with heart rate, distance covered and other key statistics on its LCD screen. Trainees can save data in SmartLink for long-term tracking.
Octane Fitness has paired the Zero Runner ZR7 with a competitive warranty package that provides five years of parts protection among other benefits.
Our Favorite Features
Here are some selling points for the Octane ZR7 Zero Runner:
- Functions as a stair climber, elliptical and treadmill
- Zero-impact design minimizes the risk of injury
- Bluetooth© included for workout programs and data tracking
- Can hold a tablet computer (Two locations)
- Heart rate monitoring (Wireless and contact)
- Gait analysis to promote healthy posture and endurance
- Water bottle holder
- Optional attachments for strength training
- Low step-up height for comfort and to fit in rooms with low ceilings
- Cordless design lets the machine work anywhere
- Not too bulky for home use (Footprint is 38” x 63”)
- Transport wheels
- Generous warranty (Five years for parts, lifetime for the frame, one year labor)
Octane Zero Runner ZR7 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||63" L x 38" W x 58" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
Like most fitness machines, the Octane Zero Runner ZR7 isn’t for everyone. Here are some potential drawbacks:
- Costs more than standard cardio trainers
- Does not fold for storage
- Does not have moving arm bars, unlike the Zero Runner ZR8
The Bottom Line
The Octane Zero Runner ZR7 is unique for simulating running, jogging and walking with zero impact. It’s especially popular with people who enjoy running “the usual way” but know that repeatedly pounding pavement or a treadmill deck has risks. Whether you have struggled with joint sensitivity or are aiming to avoid it altogether, the ZR7 can be the perfect solution to keeping fit. It makes serious and safe cardio training available 24/7. Manageable size, cordless operation and attached wheels help make it a convenient trainer for home use.
Also highly rated is the Octane Zero Runner ZR8. The main benefit of choosing the ZR8 rather than the ZR7 in this review is the addition of moving arm bars.