Smooth CE 9.5 Elliptical Review (Discontinued)
Best Buy Award Winner:Rear Drive
Smooth CE 9.5 Elliptical Rating
Smooth CE 9.5 Elliptical Detailed Overview (Discontinued)
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Smooth CE 9.5:
- Environmentally friendly – no power necessary beyond your own physical efforts.
- 24 intensity levels provide a challenging workout for all users regardless of body shape or experience.
- LED display includes specs like your RPM, speed, distance, heart rate, calories burned and more.
- Magnetic braking system provides smooth stops and transitions
- Heavy flywheel makes for a quiet ride and also supports heavier users, up to 400 lbs.
- Adjustable stride from 19” to 24”, which goes beyond a standard stride length
- Program variety provides 35 different programs plus all that’s offered with mySMOOTH Virtual Fitness Trainer.
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the CE 9.5
- It’s very heavy. While it does come with transport wheels, you won’t want to move it around a lot.
- It’s almost seven feet long, so it’s a commitment when you add it to any room of your house.
- It’s expensive – around $2000
The Bottom Line
Able to work independently or in combination with your tablet computer or big screen TV, the Smooth CE 9.5 provides a wide variety of workout programs designed to challenge and engage all levels of users. The heavy fly wheel provides a smooth, silent ride ideal for family life, and the unit comes with 35 programs built in as opposed to the standard 33. The CE 9.5 is not the most economical on the market, but if you’re looking for a genuinely durable machine that has many of the same qualities as a professional gym elliptical, this is a great choice.