Smooth Fitness VT 3.4 Elliptical Review (Discontinued)
Best Buy Award Winner:Front Drive
Smooth Fitness VT 3.4 Elliptical Rating
Smooth Fitness VT 3.4 Elliptical Detailed Overview (Discontinued)
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Smooth VT 3.4
- Adjustable stride length of 18”-21”
- 16 different intensity levels offered across the 15 different pre-installed workout programs
- iPod/tablet compatible
- compact and easy to move from room to room
- Lifetime warranty on frame and brakes, with a 5-year parts & electronics warranty also included.
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the VT 3.4
- Smooth doesn’t have a strong reputation when it comes to customer service responsiveness.
- Front drive system elliptical machines can be maddening if you are unaccustomed to them.
- The console display is not full color – many machines on the market today in the same price range are.
The Bottom Line
The Smooth VT 3.4 is a different sort of home gym machine thanks to its front-drive technology and compact footprint. For those looking for a simple machine in a reasonable price range, the VT 3.4 will get the job done and leave your body in better shape for it. The adjustable stride length makes it versatile enough for multiple family members, while the 16 different intensity levels will keep things challenging for years to come. With such a compact size, you will be pleasantly surprised as to how many quality programs are included and how effective this elliptical can be. However if you require a full-color console screen or prefer a higher level of technology, then another elliptical from the Smooth family or a competitor’s brand may suit you better.