True Fitness Elliptical Reviews
True Fitness elliptical trainers are featured in better health clubs and home gyms worldwide. While some carry commercial warranties, five True Fitness ellipticals are meant especially for home use. All are customer pleasers thanks to great ergonomics, high quality components and reliable electronics — and the best True home ellipticals meet commercial standards. Prices start at $2,299 for the M30 Elliptical and reach about $4,500 for the ES700-RH. Prices for some models vary because customers choose from two consoles.
True Fitness home ellipticals fall into three categories. From most affordable to most exclusive they are the M, PS and ES Series.
M Series True Ellipticals: M Series ellipticals are the most affordable in True’s lineup. The two choices are the M30 Elliptical ($2,299) and the M50 Elliptical ($2,699). These have some of the smallest footprints of any high quality home elliptical trainers, taking just 42″ x 30″ of floor space each. Nonetheless they support healthy striding with 21″ elliptical paths and are well-made overall. Compared with the True M30 Elliptical, the M50 is an upgrade because its moving handlebars have multi-position grips and its pedals have superior cushioning.
Each M Series elliptical has the Emerge console. The Emerge console is loaded with 12 workout programs, can track heart rate wirelessly, and has a ledge for a mobile device or magazine. Standard warranties included with the sale prices cover all parts for five years.
PS Series True Ellipticals: True’s PS Series features one elliptical trainer with a home warranty: the PS300 ($3,099). Built to commercial standards, the True PS300 Elliptical is a best buy in its price class. It features the Emerge console described above and also provides customized 20-minute total body workouts using True Fitness’ Cardio 360 programming.
Other specs worth noting are multi-position handlebar grips for workout diversity, orthopedic foot pedals and a smooth 21″ stride. The PS300 Elliptical’s footprint is 49″ long x 32.5″ wide. Parts and electronics are under warranty for seven years.
ES True Ellipticals: True ES ellipticals meet commercial specifications. The two choices are the ES700 ($4,099) and the very similar ES700-RH ($4,374), which has rotating handles for especially dynamic upper body workouts. These are the best home ellipticals from True Fitness in terms of overall quality. They are also a cut above the impressive PS300 in terms of safety features.
Customers get a choice between the Emerge console used on lower models and the Escalate console, which provides 28 preset workouts and lets users save four customized routines. True Fitness sells the ES700 and ES700-RH with seven-year warranties on the parts and electronics along with other buyer protections.
- Sturdy Frames: True home ellipticals have steel frames that are protected by lifetime warranties.
- Ergonomic Strides: True Fitness is especially respected for its biomechanics. The 21″ foot path used on most True ellipticals supports natural and healthy motion for the majority of trainees. True home ellipticals in the ES Series have adjustable strides of 16″ to 27″. Adjustable stride ensures that the machine fits every user, plus it lets each user get a variety of workouts; as stride length changes, different muscles are challenged.
- Workout Programs: Two consoles are paired with True home ellipticals. The Emerge console, which is available with all of the trainers, provides 12 workout programs. The Escalate console, which is available only for the ES Series, provides 28 workouts and lets trainees save four new programs. Each console supports wireless heart rate monitoring, has a workout fan and provides a rack for a tablet computer or magazine. Additionally some home ellipticals from True have Cardio 360 workout programs that isolate all major muscle groups during efficient 20-minute sessions.
- Warranties: True Fitness warranties are competitive for the home elliptical industry. True home elliptical frames have lifetime protection. Their parts and electronics are covered for either five or seven years, and customers aren’t charged for labor expenses during the first year of ownership.
- Price: True home ellipticals deliver great long-term value but aren’t affordable for everyone.
- Fixed Strides: In the M and PS Series, True Fitness ellipticals all have fixed 21″ strides. Only the ES True home ellipticals have adjustable stride to accommodate shorter and taller trainees and provide extra workout variety.
True Fitness is a reputable brand that dates back to the 1980s and has a strong presence in health clubs around the world. True Fitness home ellipticals let customers with moderate to high fitness budgets get commercial-quality workouts at home. These cardio trainers have long warranties and great track records to help justify their prices.
All True Fitness Ellipticals
|True M30 Elliptical||4-Stars||See Best Price|
|True Performance 300 (PS300)||4-Stars||See Best Price|
|True M50 Elliptical||4-Stars||See Best Price|
|True ES700 Elliptical||4-Stars||See Best Price|
Best Selling True Fitness Models
True ES700 Elliptical
With self-adjusting stride and other premium features, the ES700 Elliptical is...
True M50 Elliptical
The True M50 Elliptical is the leading model in the M...
True M30 Elliptical
The True M30 Elliptical ($2299) is the lowest-priced model in a...