HealthRider Stride Trainer 900 Review
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the HealthRider Stride Trainer 900:
- Adjustable incline
- Adjustable stride
- Touch controlled handlebars
- Commercial grade steel frame is very durable
- Lifetime frame warranty
- High weight capacity of 325 lbs.
- 16 different resistance levels and 20 different workout programs
- iFit compatible
- Google Maps terrain plans
- Included music port, cooling fan and water bottle holder
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the HealthRider Stride Trainer 900:
- It’s noisy. Some report being able to hear it from several rooms away.
- Only one year warranty for parts and labor
- Difficult assembly
- Preset resistance levels are all pretty low – though this can be overridden
- Can only reach 20” stride on steepest incline
- No heart rate monitor
The Bottom Line
The HealthRider Stride Trainer 900 is a machine that has all the right parts, but doesn’t seem to quite make the grade with a lot of folks. Many have complained about tough assembly experiences, as well as squeaky or noisy operation that leads to an impression of foundational instability. The 900 is a great bet though for those looking for a machine within its price range, and for those who need one that can support additional weight. With a 325 lb weight capacity, it’s ideal for novices just getting into the world of elliptical fitness. The preset workout programs are a great variety, including celebrity coaching and Google Maps real time terrain. For those of average stature, the stride length will work just fine, but for taller users there may be an issue. While this machine is advertised as having a 20” stride, it is, in actuality, closer to 18” unless you utilize the full 30-degree incline. HealthRider offers a lifetime warranty on its commercial grade steel frame, so you can rest assured that the frame will hold up quite well. However, with only a one year guarantee on parts and labor, you may be out of luck when things start to potentially show wear and tear.