LifeSpan E3i Elliptical Cross Trainer Review
Lifespan Fitness E3i+ Elliptical Cross Trainer is on sale for $1, 999 from $2,197. Click here to get the deal.
As with the E2i, this model provides users with 20 grades of intensity and 20 distinct ramp levels, and the stride is fixed at 20 inches. Exclusive to the brand is LifeSpan’s own CoreBalance Technology. This is a unique and innovative feature that provides support where it’s needed the most by identifying effort imbalances based on your own personal stride using the integrated pedal sensors that can detect the amount of force from each leg and display that individualized data directly to the console. The E3i also provides an optional Bluetooth receiver that works with the ActiveTrac(TM) app that will wirelessly connect the elliptical to any Android/Apple device to automatically sync your personal workout results with your LifeSpan Club account that comes with this model.
To keep track of workout data, this model is equipped with a 7.5” blue backlit display that provides 17 built-in preset workout programs, two customizable user profiles and two hear rate based programs. To monitor heart rate, there are built-in contact heart rate sensors, and if you want to use a wireless chest strap receiver, this model is equipped but the actual receiver is not included. Other options on this console include a media holder, speakers and an audio jack, and a dual-purpose USB port that charges your favorite device and can save your workout results to the USB drive to be uploaded to your free Club account.
The E3i comes with a residential warranty which covers 1 year on labor, 5 years on parts and lifetime coverage on the frame.
Our Favorite Features
- Price is under $1,500, fairly affordable
- Extra heavy flywheel at 34 pounds
- Sturdy frame and high weight capacity for additional reliability
- Great program variety, with multiple customizable user profiles
- Moving and stationary handlebars for the added benefits of upper body toning and training
- Lifetime warranty on the frame
LifeSpan E3i Elliptical Cross Trainer - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Weight Capacity:||375 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 24" W x 69" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Non-adjustable stride, fixed at 20″
- Bluetooth adapter is not included, sold separately for $69.99 from LifeSpan
- Heart rate monitoring chest strap not included, must be purchased separately
- Lacks built-in cooling fan, a fairly basic feature
- Lacks an ergonomically-sound design with the display screen/console area lower than average
See LifeSpan’s Promotional Video of the E3i Elliptical Trainer
The Bottom Line
Like the E2i, the E3i has some issues with the ergonomically-sound nature of its design, and it does lack customizable features, but it’s got all of the basics covered from great program variety to a dependable drive system. This model is a few hundred dollars more than the E2i but you get a heavier flywheel and higher weight capacity, in addition to a larger display screen, so between the two models we would recommend this E3i model over the E2i if you have a few extra hundred dollars to spend.