NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i Elliptical Review
Meanwhile, the SE9i brings on-board entertainment including a tablet computer shelf and a set of 2-inch digitally amplified speakers and Bluetooth audio. Other key specs are wireless heart rate monitoring, an 18″ auto-adjustable stride, an 18-pound flywheel, integrated handle controls, and a power incline of up to 10 degrees.
The SpaceSaver SE9i comes with a 30-day free trial of the iFit Family Membership, which brings with it Google Maps Technology and automatic trainer control. In addition to both live and pre-built programs, users can have trainers control the machine’s resistance during workouts. A virtual library of routines now contains thousands of programs as well as new ones ever week. A Bluetooth Smart Chest Strap for heart rate monitoring is also included with the purchase and can be used with or independently of the iFit program.
SpaceSaver Series ellipticals have a rear drive design and rear drive ellipticals are generally appreciated for their natural-feeling strides and easy balance during exercise. The size of a rear drive elliptical can be a drawback, but obviously the SpaceSaver SE9i is a space-conscious model. You can fold it vertically for everyday storage after workouts (and it also has wheels to make it easier to move).
Our Favorite Features
- Foldable frame to help you maximize your living space.
- 24 resistance levels for varying challenges.
- 14-inch Smart HD touchscreen display for workouts and web browsing.
- iFit-enabled and 30-day free trial with purchase
- iFit enabled for unlimited workout program downloads and personalized fitness advice.
- Power adjustable incline of up to 10 degrees for an automatic metabolic boost and targeted muscle toning.
- Adjustable pedals for good ergonomics.
- Rear drive machine design is typically easier on the back and easier to use than front drive ellipticals.
NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||Yes|
|Stride Length:||18 inches|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 32" W x 67" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Long footprint when unfolded.
- The Light drive limits the smoothness and force of the ride.
- For taller trainees, the stride length of 18″ is less than ideal (a 20″ stride could feel more comfortable and burn more calories).
The Bottom Line
The SE9i is a quality buy for certain shoppers, but it isn’t an elliptical that will meet everybody’s needs. Very engaging electronics and foldable frame technology contribute to the price of this trainer. Its ideal user is shorter than the average and looking for a relatively light exercise challenge, not the pro-quality force of a club trainer. The SE9i might be what you’re looking for, but also consider another NordicTrack elliptical that has more resources devoted to a heavy drive.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the stride on the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE91? Is it adjustable?
The machine brings a 18" auto-adjustable stride.
Does the NordicTrack SE91 elliptical have Bluetooth?
Yes, the elliptical is Bluetooth-enabled for both heart rate monitoring and entertainment options.
How heavy is the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i?
The machine weighs 218 pounds in-box.
Can you use the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE91i without iFit?
Yes, the machine can work in manual mode.
How does the vertical folding work on the NordicTrack SE9i?
To fold the machine, simply lift the latch beneath the pedal arm then lift the arms off the sleeves located on the crank arms. Raise the pedal arms until they make contact with the magnets on the upper body legs and make sure they're secure. Hold the handle and lift the frame until it locks in the vertical position.
Can I watch Netflix on the NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i?
The machine's screen is not designed to work with that app, but one could use a different screen or smart television instead.