NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i Elliptical Review
NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i Elliptical Detailed Overview
The SpaceSaver SE9i is the top elliptical trainer in the NordicTrack SpaceSaver Series. It shares many performance specs with the SE7i, but it has advanced electronics and carries a much longer warranty. The new SE9i is distinguished by its 7″ touchscreen, which is high definition and ready for browsing the web while exercise stats are collected in the background. Also bringing in on-board entertainment potential are a tablet computer shelf and a set of 3″ iPod-compatible console speakers. Other key specs are wireless heart rate monitoring, an 18″ stride, an 18-pound flywheel, and a power incline of up to 10 degrees.
SpaceSaver Series ellipticals have a rear drive design and rear drive ellipticals are generally appreciated for their natural-feeling strides and easy balance during exercise. The size of a rear drive elliptical can be a drawback, but obviously the SpaceSaver SE9i is a space-conscious model. You can fold it vertically for everyday storage after workouts (and it also has wheels to make it easier to move).
Our Favorite Features
- Foldable frame to help you maximize your living space.
- 24 resistance levels for varying challenges.
- 7-inch HD touchscreen display for workouts and web browsing.
- 30 workout apps for more efficient training.
- iFit enabled for unlimited workout program downloads and personalized fitness advice.
- Power adjustable incline of up to 10 degrees for an automatic metabolic boost and targeted muscle toning.
- Adjustable pedals for good ergonomics.
- Rear drive machine design is typically easier on the back and easier to use than front drive ellipticals.
NordicTrack SpaceSaver SE9i Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||Yes|
|Stride Length:||18 inches|
|Programs:||30 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80" L x 32" W x 77" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Long footprint when unfolded.
- The Light drive limits the smoothness and force of the ride.
- For taller trainees, the stride length of 18″ is less than ideal (a 20″ stride could feel more comfortable and burn more calories).
The Bottom Line
The SE9i is a quality buy for certain shoppers, but it isn’t an elliptical that will meet everybody’s needs. Very engaging electronics and foldable frame technology contribute to the price of this trainer. Its ideal user is shorter than the average and looking for a relatively light exercise challenge, not the pro-quality force of a club trainer. The SE9i might be what you’re looking for, but also consider another NordicTrack elliptical that has more resources devoted to a heavy drive.