Schwinn 520 Elliptical Review
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Schwinn 520 Reclined Elliptical
- Airdyne fan system allows you to control resistance by how hard and fast you work.
- Computer display provides all the information you need, as well as encouragement by showing your improvements from months past.
- Supports up to 300 lbs of weight, but is not a heavy unit – it weighs about 120 lbs.
- Unique approach to fitness with its seated position and extensive muscle targeting.
- BioConnect™ feedback
- Grip heart rate sensors
- Nicely positioned console to prevent injured knees
- Ventilated seat back to keep your core cool and comfortable.
- Stride motion of 14” footpath allows for more engaged muscles.
- Rubber fan belt aims for much quieter workouts.
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the Schwinn 520 Reclined Elliptical:
- Pedals are not adjustable
- Average warranty – 5 years on frame, while some elliptical brands offer a lifetime guarantee.
- The seats are made of plastic, which may not stand the test of time.
- Monitor could definitely be larger.
The Bottom Line
The Schwinn 520 Reclined Recumbent Elliptical features a customizable console with plenty of physical challenge built in to its fly system. The harder and faster you work, the more the resistance levels kick in, yielding quicker, more visible results. With a stride length of 14”, it is a standard measurement for a seated elliptical, and makes a great addition to your home gym. Chances are, you haven’t tried a machine like a reclined elliptical, and when you’re ready for something different, the Schwinn 520 is an ideal choice.