Smooth Agile DMT X2 Elliptical Review (Discontinued)
Best Buy Award Winner:Best Rear Drive Ellipticals
Smooth Agile DMT X2 Elliptical Rating
This Machine is Discontinued
Smooth Agile DMT X2 Elliptical Detailed Overview (Discontinued)
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Agile DMT X2:
- Enjoy an upper body workout with handlebars that move as you exercise.
- Use the included transport wheels when you need to relocate the machine to another room.
- The preset programs provide a wide variety of challenges, including a manual program, endurance program, heart rate control and five customizable workouts.
- The built-in fan is adjustable with three different speeds.
- Thumb controls allow for simply adjustment of the machine’s intensity and motion.
- Listen to your favorite music with this elliptical’s iPod docking station and MP3 connector.
- Magnetic braking system allows for smooth transitions and sudden stops without injury to either the machine or user.
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the Agile DMT X2:
- This machine is not a space saver. You will have to allow plenty of space for this elliptical that cannot be folded up and stored easily.
- It’s expensive – online it sells for around $2000.
- Depending upon where you purchase it, the Agile DMT X2 may not come with basic conveniences like a reading rack – although Smooth’s official website advertises it as having one.
The Bottom Line
The Agile DMT X2 is a high-quality elliptical that performs well under pressure. It will endure daily workouts from all family members, allowing heavier users an effective session without causing strain. With one of the best warranties on the market, Smooth offers a lifetime frame policy along with seven years for parts & electronics and two years for labor. If you’re ready to be challenged and take your fitness seriously, the Agile DMT X2 will serve you well. Rotating foot pedals and moving handlebars provide a full-body workout without the strain and stiffness that sometimes results from lesser at-home machines.