Life Fitness X1 Elliptical Cross-Trainer Review
This machine is built with an Eddy Current resistance system and WhisperStride ™ Technology, using a self-aligning ball bearings system that creates a smooth and incredibly quiet machine. The durable steel frame can withstand 350 pounds and includes oversized non-slip pedals and a 6.5 inch step-on height. In addition, this trainer is built with the patented Link6 ™ elliptical drive system, providing an ergonomically sound pathway for the motion and movement of the stride. The placement of the ErgoGrip ™ handle bars and accessories such as a cup holder, accessories tray and reading rack, make this trainer very convenient and easy to use for users of heights and weights. Beyond the heart rate hand sensors, users can also monitor heart rates using the Polar ® telemetry wireless heart rate monitoring system.
Users have two consoles to choose from: the Track + Console (which retails for $2599), or the Go Console (which retails for $2199). The Track + Console features a blue LCD screen that is compatible with both Android and Apple products for real-time tracking using your favorite apps; it also includes a USB port and Life Fitness LF Connect accessibility. This console features 16 levels of resistance, 14 workout programs, 12 customizable programs and 4 user profiles. The Go Console features a blue LCD screen that offers 12 built-in workout programs, 2 customizable programs, and 2 user profiles. Like the Track + Console, this option also offers 16 resistance levels. The Go Console is not Bluetooth enabled and does not feature device compatibility.
Life Fitness provides lifetime coverage on the frame, 3 years on parts and 1 year on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- Affordable, ranging in price from $2199 to $2599
- WhisperStride ™ Technology makes for a smooth, and almost silent workout experience
- Interactive and advanced fitness training options with the Track + Console
- Large, attractive LCD display screen on both consoles
- Customizable options with multiple user profiles and customizable workout programs built into the console
- Heart Rate Monitoring System with wireless option
- Lifetime warranty on frame
- Ergonomically-sound design of the console area and stride length
- Rear drive design alleviates pressure on the back, and is preferred by many over the front drive designed elliptical trainers
- Ships direct from manufacturer
Life Fitness X1 Elliptical Cross-Trainer - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||81" L x 30" W x 59" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Non-adjustable stride, non-adjustable pedals
- Lacks transport wheels which can make trainer difficult to move and store
- Fewer workout programs with 12-14 options (depending on the console choice)
The Bottom Line
Life Fitness is a leading brand, with all machines designed and tested in the U.S. under extremely high standards, and their home equipment is subject to the same standards as the commercial equipment. What this means is that you get what you pay for with the quality and durability of a health club level machine. The Life Fitness X1 Elliptical Cross Trainer brings a gym quality trainer into your home for a reasonable price. The X1 is ideal for anyone looking to achieve workout goals and monitor fitness levels, and the design of the trainer makes it easy for users of all shapes and sizes. Overall, the X1 is sturdy, reliable, extremely quiet and smooth, offering a natural stride that is easy on the joints and very comfortable to use. And if you are on a budget, you can save $400 with the Go Elliptical Console option instead of the more advanced X1 with the Track + Console design.