ProForm 520 E Elliptical Review
ProForm 520 E Elliptical Rating
ProForm 520 E Elliptical Detailed Overview
The manual adjustable incline of the 520 E can be adjusted from 5-20 degrees. This selection of five adjustment positions is ideal for someone who is just starting out in elliptical fitness, or for a home gym owner who is hoping for a machine that is both straightforward and cost-effective. The elliptical also comes with a set 20-inch stride length, which is a comfortable stride for many individuals. This is a perk of the 520 E, as most comparable units come with an 18-inch stride. The two inch difference is noticeable and appreciated.
The 520 E also comes with a 15 lb flywheel, which is about standard for the engineering behind this elliptical product. Not exceptionally heavy or light, you will experience a quality ride that is comparable to other pieces of home equipment from this genre. The foot pedals are also adjustable, keeping your feet free from stress and numbness during prolonged workout sessions.
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Endurance 520 E elliptical:
- Tablet holder, water bottle holder and iPod docking station
- Oversized pedals that adjust for comfort and effectiveness
- Decent flywheel weight
- 20” stride length is 2-inches beyond standard for this price range
- 18 different workout apps including calorie, incline and speed.
- All programs designed by certified, credentialed personal trainers
- iFit compatible to inspire you with destinations from all around the world.
- Upper body workout arms that move with your natural movement for extra resistance and strength building.
ProForm 520 E Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Stride Length:||20 inches|
|Programs:||18 workout apps|
|Weight Capacity:||300 LBS|
|Dimensions:||67.1" L x 25" W x 66.6" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
A few downsides to the Endurance 520 E elliptical trainer:
- Stingy one-year warranty on parts and labor, although it is standard for this price range.
- Incline adjustments are manual, meaning you have to stop mid-way through your workout to make any adjustments.
- Flywheel is only 15lbs – it doesn’t make for a bad ride by any means, but won’t give you the smooth ride of a commercial elliptical.
The Bottom Line
Pro-Form is known for producing reliable, likeable fitness products, and the Endurance 520 E is no exception. The real issue comes with the fact so many advanced, feature-packed machines are competing for your attention. If you’re willing to spend a few hundred dollars more, on the ProForm 720 E, you’re likely to find an elliptical companion for life.
However, if your budget is small and/or you’re new to elliptical fitness, then the 520 E is actually a great choice.
The 20-inch stride is generous, as are the oversized, adjustable foot pedals. Take advantage of soft touch upper-body workout arms that keep your entire physique challenged and engaged throughout your exercise hour. No matter what your personal fitness goals are, the Pro-Form Endurance 520 E is a good starting point for most individuals.